M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or should I say pouring out the left side of the bike. So where either under the air filter or behind the air filter.

I haven't riden my bike in a while. Which means about two weeks. Which is long considering I ride the bike three to five times a week.

Today, I jump on start her up and get out the door. I notice she smells VERY rich.

I get on to the main road and come to a red light. Still VERY rich. Look down to the left side and fuel is flowing down on to the bottom casing. I touch under the air filter and its all wet, but I can see nothing is leaking down from above the filter.

I start making my way home, which is taking a long time cause of rush hour traffic. As time goes by the leak gets less and less getting to be pretty much a drip. But then if I tilt my bike to the left, it start to pour out again. Up right, drip drip. I make my way back home. FInally when I get home, no more drip, but when I tilt it slowly pours out.

I get off the bike do some research, about an hour goes by, go out to the bike, look it over, no real visible area that it was leaking. Start the bike, no drip now. Tilt the bike, no gas any more. Go down to the local gas station, filler her up to the brim, try all the usual, tilting her and no more gas.

Any ideas? I did searches and didnt find any thing. Has anyone else seen this.

I have an 07 with 2500 miles on it.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Or should I say pouring out the left side of the bike. So where either under the air filter or behind the air filter.

I haven't riden my bike in a while. Which means about two weeks. Which is long considering I ride the bike three to five times a week.

Today, I jump on start her up and get out the door. I notice she smells VERY rich.

I get on to the main road and come to a red light. Still VERY rich. Look down to the left side and fuel is flowing down on to the bottom casing. I touch under the air filter and its all wet, but I can see nothing is leaking down from above the filter.

I start making my way home, which is taking a long time cause of rush hour traffic. As time goes by the leak gets less and less getting to be pretty much a drip. But then if I tilt my bike to the left, it start to pour out again. Up right, drip drip. I make my way back home. FInally when I get home, no more drip, but when I tilt it slowly pours out.

I get off the bike do some research, about an hour goes by, go out to the bike, look it over, no real visible area that it was leaking. Start the bike, no drip now. Tilt the bike, no gas any more. Go down to the local gas station, filler her up to the brim, try all the usual, tilting her and no more gas.

Any ideas? I did searches and didnt find any thing. Has anyone else seen this.

I have an 07 with 2500 miles on it.

Thanks,
Michael
Couple of things come to mind. 1st, was the fuel rail recall done---you can call a dealer with the VIN and they should be able to tell you. 2nd, lift the tank and make sure the fuel line is secured to the tank properly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called Suzuki, the recall has not been done and is most likely the cause of the issue.

Scary part, I bought the bike from a dealership. The guy on Suzuki's customer service says that he has to report the dealership for not doing the recall before they sold it.

Thanks!
Michael

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts