M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what is the Harley part that we can use to cover our gas cap with a little velcro? I remember reading about this awhile ago but can't find it anywhere in the search. This mod might be of interest as well to the newer guys in the forum.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Hey guys, what is the Harley part that we can use to cover our gas cap with a little velcro? I remember reading about this awhile ago but can't find it anywhere in the search. This mod might be of interest as well to the newer guys in the forum.
I believe the part you are looking for is a point cover for a HD. To verify go to a HD dealer and measues a cover. There are a lot of different covers you can get both aftermarket and OEM.

·
Registered
200 Posts
@Valdemar......nice idea for the LED fuelcap 'ring' btw.
Btw, pardon my ignorance, but whats that 'box' with the 2 switches & leds on it (in yr picture)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
@Valdemar......nice idea for the LED fuelcap 'ring' btw.
Btw, pardon my ignorance, but whats that 'box' with the 2 switches & leds on it (in yr picture)
That's a really old pic. That picture is of my old Baron's gas cap. The "box" is a switch assembly I modified to fit my handlebars. It controls my LEDs and fog lamps. Here is a link:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/dual-accessory-switch-block-1-inch-cruiser-bars/part/BBP-13-207

I had to modifiy it a bit so that it would fit the taper of our handlebars. A step drill bit took care of that. Quality piece. Chrome and switch functions have held up for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts