·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Average MPG.-
Highway-
City-
At Play ( Hard on gas )-

Longest time spent in saddle in one day.

Want to plan a trip.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hiway: 43

city: 36

play: does it matter :p

Longest time in saddle : about 9 hrs with a few breaks in there :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Two days ago I got 40 mpg towing a trailer that was about 300 lbs. Many runs over 100 mph on that trip. 477 miles

Yesterday I got the same mileage but a lot more 100+ mph runs and we did 566 miles.

Big Joe and Hal were getting 48 to 50 mpg at the same speeds without a trailer. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Logged in 278 miles yesterday. 5.7 gal. gas and stopped about every 75 miles to keep from getting "Monkey Butt". Pretty comfortable ride. I was driving from 55 to 70 depending on the road. 48.77 mpg which I thought was great. A friend was traveling with me on a 1600 Kaw. Vulcan and he used 6.2 gallons for an avg. of 44.83 mpg. It really depends on how you twist that grip. My 109 gets much better gas mileage than I expected. Normal stop and go driving, quick accelaration, some higher speeds, I'm back to around 38 to 40mpg.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I did 600 miles in one day .... one time..... on a Honda 750 . I was tird and sore all over .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Average MPG.- 47.5
Highway- 50
City- 45
At Play ( Hard on gas )- ...that IS while at play, hard on gas...that's the only way I ride.

Longest time spent in saddle in one day.
Roanoke, VA to Huntsville, AL, just shy of 500 miles. I have about 3 inches of gel under my tail bone that I put into a stock seat (in photo below) and recovered. I feel fine after every ride. Oh, and although that's only about a tank and a half of gas for me, I still stopped about every 100 miles or so. Seems the 3 Ultra Classics I was riding with got a little tired after a while. :evil:

Want to plan a trip.
Where to, how far you going?

Thanks in advance.
Glad to help out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Average MPG.- 47
I did 2800mi in 8 days with no problems last month, on a stock 109 with no windshield had nothing less then a great time. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I have done 250 or so in a day. after an hour it nice to hit a traffic light just to stand for a second then I am good for another 1/2hour.

Sledzep

G

·
I did 430 Miles between 5:45 am and 12:45 PM on Saturday morning, 90% at 100+, 43 MPG.

Two Stops, 1 Fuel never got off the bike and 1 pee stop and fuel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i must be young and dumb but i only get about 115 miles to tank which equates to about 27mpg city, being i always fill up about 4.1 gallons. i guess i love the throttle to much

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lamonster said:
Two days ago I got 40 mpg towing a trailer that was about 300 lbs. Many runs over 100 mph on that trip. 477 miles

Yesterday I got the same mileage but a lot more 100+ mph runs and we did 566 miles.

Big Joe and Hal were getting 48 to 50 mpg at the same speeds without a trailer. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
Psyco!!!!!! Dude, you were doing 100+ towing a trailer?????????? You da man with big nads! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts