M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Garmin GPS for Xmas and was trying to find a post on mounting or preferably dry storage container for the bike. I was thinking something that might sit on the tank.

Suggestions? & or Pics would be fab.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Try LeaderMotocycles.com , They have great stuff for mounting and they offer waterproof container as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Try LeaderMotocycles.com , They have great stuff for mounting and they offer waterproof container as well. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: I bought this set up for my Nuvi 660 and newer 765t. Great quality and very happy with the product.

I have my cradle for the Nuvi 660 for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just bought a 765T and got this mount haven't actually rode with it yet but seems it will work.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You know, someone on this site made a mount for his GPS, using the car mount and about $3.00 worth of Home Depot supplies. I am trying to find it...can't. I will continue to search, because it was a really clean looking job.

·
Registered
324 Posts
nuvi mounting

This is what I came up with and it works great...

I found this on E-Bay, it has a 17mm Garmin ball

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-WINDS...item1c17cb007e

https://www.directlineparts.com/prod...0&ID=878876701

It turned out pretty nice sweet.
I located it just to the left of my Suzuki Touring windshield mount.
It still has some range of motion and seems as though the GPS will stay in it mount.
Put about 200 back road, railroad crossing miles and survived..... :doorag:

Disclaimer.... I have no affiliation with the E-Bay seller, other than I purchased his product and am very happy with the product.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Here is my setup:

By bujee1 at 2010-08-01
I put a screw in it to keep it from swiveling too much.
I like the ball joint in the other end so I can swivel it enough to minimize he glare.

By bujee1 at 2010-08-01

By bujee1 at 2010-08-01

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No Shipping To Canada...... Oh well, his loss.
But thanks alot The Other Orange any way for all your efforts.
Paul

This is what I came up with and it works great...

I found this on E-Bay, it has a 17mm Garmin ball

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-WINDS...item1c17cb007e

https://www.directlineparts.com/prod...0&ID=878876701

It turned out pretty nice sweet.
I located it just to the left of my Suzuki Touring windshield mount.
It still has some range of motion and seems as though the GPS will stay in it mount.
Put about 200 back road, railroad crossing miles and survived..... :doorag:

Disclaimer.... I have no affiliation with the E-Bay seller, other than I purchased his product and am very happy with the product.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow, thanks so much guys for ALLLLL your input & the pics....awesome! That's why I love this web site.

There looks to be pluses between the ram mount, bicycle mount and the Motomount sites..... The bicycle one I'd only be concerned with someone coming along and taking the mount on me... I'm not sure if it secure enough to the bike.

I tried going to that link leadermoto or leadermotormounts and neither of these links would work for me. Even after cutting & pasting the actual typed out link in your response CrazyTrain.....

If someone can attach an actual link to this forum I'd be quite appreciative. The one thing that is drawing me mostly is the fact that CrazyTrain you said that they have waterproof packages as well..... This would be ideal.

Again, I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your efforts in taking pictures, posting and commenting. That to me is always above and beyond.

The best to you in 2011.
Paul

I should have added that I have the Garmin 1490LMT

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
this is my 1 usd home made holder fabricated a pice of metal and painted black with 4 each taped pices of rubber from inside to hold on the bar. works just fine with me.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wow, thanks so much guys for ALLLLL your input & the pics....awesome! That's why I love this web site.

There looks to be pluses between the ram mount, bicycle mount and the Motomount sites..... The bicycle one I'd only be concerned with someone coming along and taking the mount on me... I'm not sure if it secure enough to the bike.

I tried going to that link leadermoto or leadermotormounts and neither of these links would work for me. Even after cutting & pasting the actual typed out link in your response CrazyTrain.....

If someone can attach an actual link to this forum I'd be quite appreciative. The one thing that is drawing me mostly is the fact that CrazyTrain you said that they have waterproof packages as well..... This would be ideal.

Again, I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your efforts in taking pictures, posting and commenting. That to me is always above and beyond.

The best to you in 2011.
Paul

I should have added that I have the Garmin 1490LMT
The bike mount is good if you move your gps from bike to car. I never leave on the bike unattended.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
garmin also make a bicycle mount on there web site that i have had with no problems at all...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
this is the best mount i have had www.motomount.net $40.00
I ended up buying that too - just waiting on it to arrive here in Oz. I bought the cradle off E-bay for $3.95 delivered!

Just one question, where did you get the stick-on patch that is at the top right of the back of the GPS unit? A bit of extra insurance doesn't hurt....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up buying that too - just waiting on it to arrive here in Oz. I bought the cradle off E-bay for $3.95 delivered!

Just one question, where did you get the stick-on patch that is at the top right of the back of the GPS unit? A bit of extra insurance doesn't hurt....
This is legit for $40 I have it on my bike as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts