M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Garage wreaks! It almost burns the eyes it is so bad....

I have read some of the other posts on gas leaks, but most of them deal with a smell when riding. I don't notice anything leaking, but the smell is very apparent.

Anybody have thoughts?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I had the same problem...my garage smelled of gas...it leaked about 8-10 drops the other day....and hasn't done it since...I start it and let it idle
for 10-15 minutes each time and nada.

I have my suspicions,,,under the the left breather , there's 2 lines that runs right under the LEFT breather (if your sitting on the bike). 1 of the lines has a
cheesy clamp on it...just look underneath and you will see it...I think I will change it to an screw to tighten clamp...instead of the squeeze clamp thats on it now.

I'm going to fire it up and run it again....and see what happens. it's been a week since it happened...we will see ! I'm watching it like a hawk .

I'll post my results after changing it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind, found the problem....

So, I have made a few wise cracks on my posts to people that have made some stupid mistakes. It is my turn to share and redeem myself.

Here's what happened:

Over the past couple of days I have been noticing a very strong smell in the garage. Since the M109R is the only new thing in the garage I assumed it was gasoline from a leak in the bike. After searching the posts on this site, and even posting one of my own, I found that others had this problem and set out to remove the tank and check all of the fuel lines and connections.

I decided to move few boxes out of the way before I started the task. I wanted to put off the work, because this wasn't about to be a fun task. Definitely not as much fun as all the time spent on mods. So as I was cleaning up the garage a noticed the source of the gas smell.......

I left the cap off the Goof Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and a little embarrassed. Figured I would share with you all.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I saw the droplets near my kickstand...I didn't leave a gas cap off....still good to go for almost a week. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts