M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a nice way to have ur garage open upon arrival?
Either automatically or with a nice button.

I'm over fishing in my pocket for it everytime I get get home :)

Cheers

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The surest and cheapest method without the potential of any interference:

:a18::clap2:

·
Registered
643 Posts
there is a HOW TO on this board somewhere about running the button of the remote externally and mounting in a side cover, also i think someone ran it to the momentary flash/pass button in the left side handlebar control box

for mine right now i just have it in a zipped bag i have velcro'd around a riser, probably not a real eye pleasing option if ya dont have a windshield

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just stuck a regular car remote into the gap between the headlight narcel and the black plastic backing. Works just fine...thought you probably couldnt do that if you've relocated your tach.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm planning on using the pass putton for a gate opener and modding the hazard switch for a garage door opener.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Anyone know a nice way to have ur garage open upon arrival?
Either automatically or with a nice button.

I'm over fishing in my pocket for it everytime I get get home :)

Cheers
The cheap way would be to mount the opener somewhere on the bike and run a wire pair to a remote button that's easy to access. You can probably take the remote apart and simply add the wires to perform the button function remotely.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Any way you can get a key ring remote? That's what I use. Makes it real simple.
:agree:This is what I use also. Bought the keyring remote from ebay for $20. It has good range and works like a charm. I tried the side cover method but it didn't have any range, it only worked when closing the door it never opened the door.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i did the right side cover mount. drilled a 1/2 inch hole on the bottom, installed a black momentary switch, opened up garage door opener, found where the button activates, solder two wires (one on each side of the contact) and connected them to the two terminals on the momentary. Double side 3m taped the unit to the inside of the side cover, and finished. Can't even see the black button. I have to say, I like the flash to pass idea much better. Will probably end up going that way in the end, so i can make room for my Air Ride in the side cover eventually.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did the momentary flash to pass button that comes stock on the bike. It was super easy, soldered wires to the contacts in the remote opener, wired them to the wires leading back to the high beam indicator in the tach, ziplocked and ziptied behind the headlight.
Complete price for the mod, seven dollars for the Harbor freight soldering iron and solder.
Batteries in the opener last over a year and makes life real easy.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
LOL, thats what I use except the opener "wife pushing the button" responds to the snap of the throttle, hearing pipes roar. :clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I bought a push button switch from The Source (what Radio Shack is called now in Canada) for a couple of bucks. I soldered about 6 inches of wire from the button switch to my spare garage door opener, soldered to the button terminals on the pcb board. Put the Garage door opener case on, and put in a baggie and duck taped to the inside of the cover under the seat (the other side is the toolbox cover, i think in california this covers some extra exhaust crap) but mine is empty. Drilled a small hole to stick the button out (the button is right under my seat under my right leg and you cant really see it.
When I get close to the house i just reach down and press the button.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The surest and cheapest method without the potential of any interference:

:a18::clap2:
I respectfully have to disagree. I have one of those myself; cost me a fortune, and it won't open the door to let my bike out until all my chores are done! Can't return it either, cost even more money to do that! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts