M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now a few of us have been talking about trying to get as many of the GA 109 riders together. We have tried it a few times with meets, rides, etc.... but with little to no luck. It's definetly not easy to accomodate everyone but it would be nice to try and figure something out that will get us all together. So with that being said I was looking at some places that might be centralized in the state that would give everyone a chance to ride in for the day hang out and still make it back home if needed or wanted. We can do a ride if wanted or we could just hang out and shoot the chit. So I was wanting to try and conduct a poll to gather some information to try and put something together.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Where at in GA? My son is on the Military base @ Ft. Stewart Ga. that is in Hinesville by Savannah. He rides all the time but he is the only 9 there. I customized his bike it is all custom green and black flake. I have photos on my profile.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Chad, I tried to throw this out there months ago and no one showed any interest. It would be a nice thing to do. Dublin is the best I could come up with that would be fair to most people. Atlanta...135 mi, Columbus...134 mi, Savannah...117 mi, Valdosta...138 mi, Augusta...93 mi. Of course we know the largest concentration of 9's is gonna be Atlanta. I'm game for what ever!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
As long as I'm off, I'm in. I vote for a day of just hanging out and getting to know new folks which will hopefully lead to bigger group rides in the future.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Crap! I didn't realize that got posted but that is OK. I was messing around with the wording and trying to attach a poll to this but between trying to figure out the right questions to ask and running in and out of the house for different things I guess I posted it without knowing.

I did a North to South mileage based on the fastest route and it came up with about 356 miles and then did it again from East to West and it came up with about 260 or so. Now this is not exact from point to point this was set on top of a map with roads and it gave the quickest route from point A to point B so keep that in mind before I get blasted for it being the incorrect mileage from tip to tip of GA borders.

With that being Said Forsyth off I-75 is about a good middle point. We can try and meet some where's down there, hang out, eat some grub, drool over bikes and just enjoy the day or we can plan a ride. GA Roller came up with a good route that goes towards Pine Mountain, Warm Springs, etc....

Any ways before I get to caught up in this I am still working on a poll that will allow everyone to put there thoughts in so we can try to work something out. The sole intention of this is to try and get a large group of us GA 9'ers together so we can just meet some new people in our area and hopefully make some new friends. I may be speaking wrong here but I really feel we have one of if not the biggest concentration of 109's in the country because I know there is a ton riders of this bike that is not even on the boards so if you know someone like that pass the word on that we are trying to get something together and they are welcome as well.

Stay Tuned, but feel free to keep posting on this thread but I will start a poll or a couple of polls in the near future. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Crap! I didn't realize that got posted but that is OK. I was messing around with the wording and trying to attach a poll to this but between trying to figure out the right questions to ask and running in and out of the house for different things I guess I posted it without knowing.

I did a North to South mileage based on the fastest route and it came up with about 356 miles and then did it again from East to West and it came up with about 260 or so. Now this is not exact from point to point this was set on top of a map with roads and it gave the quickest route from point A to point B so keep that in mind before I get blasted for it being the incorrect mileage from tip to tip of GA borders.

With that being Said Forsyth off I-75 is about a good middle point. We can try and meet some where's down there, hang out, eat some grub, drool over bikes and just enjoy the day or we can plan a ride. GA Roller came up with a good route that goes towards Pine Mountain, Warm Springs, etc....

Any ways before I get to caught up in this I am still working on a poll that will allow everyone to put there thoughts in so we can try to work something out. The sole intention of this is to try and get a large group of us GA 9'ers together so we can just meet some new people in our area and hopefully make some new friends. I may be speaking wrong here but I really feel we have one of if not the biggest concentration of 109's in the country because I know there is a ton riders of this bike that is not even on the boards so if you know someone like that pass the word on that we are trying to get something together and they are welcome as well.

Stay Tuned, but feel free to keep posting on this thread but I will start a poll or a couple of polls in the near future. :bigthumbsup:
Did you even read my post and the mileage that I indicated? I thought you said something about a Georgia ride-in. It's 60 miles to Forsyth from Atlanta, but it's about 165 miles from Valdosta. Duh! OK, I get it. This is 109's only!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you even read my post and the mileage that I indicated? I thought you said something about a Georgia ride-in. It's 60 miles to Forsyth from Atlanta, but it's about 165 miles from Valdosta. Duh! OK, I get it. This is 109's only!
I read your post but Like I said I was trying to find a center point in GA! Will some people have to ride further, YES! Will it accommodate everyone perfectly, NO, but lets at least try. If you want to do something in Augusta or Savannah I don't care! I'll ride that far and back in a day but I'm not going to lead it up and no it's not just for 109's, you are welcome. I don't think I need to keep telling you that over and over again at this point in time of us knowing each other. :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK, let's try this one more time. I KNOW we are all smarter than a third grader. Atlanta to Dublin...135 mi. / Columbus to Dublin...134 mi. / Augusta to Dublin...93 mi. / Valdosta to Dublin...138 mi. / Savannah to Dublin...117 mi.

Atlanta to Macon...83 mi. / Columbus to Macon...100 mi. / Savannah to Macon...165 mi. / Valdosta to Macon...153 mi. Which one of these is more centrally located? If you picked the one on the bottom, you MIGHT not be smarter than a third grader! :joke: Besides, maybe Benji knows a great place for us to meet in Dublin. I'll be game for what ever you decide on, I was only trying to find a place that was close to an equal ride for all the major cities. This thread has been up for a couple of hours and the only folks to respond are you, Bobby and me. Maybe we should do the Atlanta thing like you guys did when I was in the hospital. :dontknow:

·
Registered
735 Posts
i'll try to be there.
WHats the Atlanta thing ya'll did when Lonewolf was in the hospital??? I wasnt aroung back then.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Guys I will do my best to meet up ! I ride to valdosta all the time and it is 4 or so hrs . Just straight down the hwy . I have never been to the motorcycle museum in alabama I am planning on doing that soon . It would be nice to see how many we can get together . Ga riders are the best .

I am open to meet anywhere

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I vote for meeting in Macon. That is smack dab in the middle of the state on I-75 & I-16. Riders from Valdosta & Savannah could be there in 2-1/2 hrs or so. Same can be said for N. GA riders.

One idea is to meet at Lake Tobesofkee in Macon which is about 5 minutes off of I-475. I could call and talk to the owner of the Fish & Pig Restaurant (seafood & bbq right on the lake) http://www.fishnpig.com/ and see if we could host a meetup there at the restaurant. They have large parking lot right on the lake which is a really nice spot and it's very easy to get to. They also have great food and a nice big restaurant. If it's nice outside we could possibly book the whole outside deck area just for M109 riders.

After we hang out, eat, talk, look at each other bikes I'm very familar with this area because it's in my backyard & I'd be happy to lead a optional ride over to Pine Mountain, GA for those that are interested. Those that want to ride can, those that want to head back to there part of GA can decide to do that. I could easily route a nice 2hr country ride or so with good scenery, some nice curves and some surprisingly nices overlooks over the Pine Mountain Valley of central GA. I know some other good backroads as well that we could incoorporate into the group ride.

Let me know what you think of that Idea.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Sounds great to me, Nathan.....I have family in Dublin and Milledgeville so I could visit with them, too. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, let's try this one more time. I KNOW we are all smarter than a third grader. Atlanta to Dublin...135 mi. / Columbus to Dublin...134 mi. / Augusta to Dublin...93 mi. / Valdosta to Dublin...138 mi. / Savannah to Dublin...117 mi.

Atlanta to Macon...83 mi. / Columbus to Macon...100 mi. / Savannah to Macon...165 mi. / Valdosta to Macon...153 mi. Which one of these is more centrally located? If you picked the one on the bottom, you MIGHT not be smarter than a third grader! :joke: Besides, maybe Benji knows a great place for us to meet in Dublin. I'll be game for what ever you decide on, I was only trying to find a place that was close to an equal ride for all the major cities. This thread has been up for a couple of hours and the only folks to respond are you, Bobby and me. Maybe we should do the Atlanta thing like you guys did when I was in the hospital. :dontknow:
John I get what you are saying but once again I am not trying to pull a middle point between Atlanta and Valdosta I am trying to pull the best middle point from the top of GA to the bottom of GA because there are riders further North of Atlanta.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I vote for meeting in Macon. That is smack dab in the middle of the state on I-75 & I-16. Riders from Valdosta & Savannah could be there in 2-1/2 hrs or so. Same can be said for N. GA riders.

One idea is to meet at Lake Tobesofkee in Macon which is about 5 minutes off of I-475. I could call and talk to the owner of the Fish & Pig Restaurant (seafood & bbq right on the lake) http://www.fishnpig.com/ and see if we could host a meetup there at the restaurant. They have large parking lot right on the lake which is a really nice spot and it's very easy to get to. They also have great food and a nice big restaurant. If it's nice outside we could possibly book the whole outside deck area just for M109 riders.

After we hang out, eat, talk, look at each other bikes I'm very familar with this area because it's in my backyard & I'd be happy to lead a optional ride over to Pine Mountain, GA for those that are interested. Those that want to ride can, those that want to head back to there part of GA can decide to do that. I could easily route a nice 2hr country ride or so with good scenery, some nice curves and some surprisingly nices overlooks over the Pine Mountain Valley of central GA. I know some other good backroads as well that we could incoorporate into the group ride.

Let me know what you think of that Idea.
I like this idea!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
We could meet at the lake first at around Noon. Then ride to some of these areas listed below & loop back to Macon and eat an earlier dinner at 4:30pm since the restaruant doesn't open until then (I didn't realize that) and finish the meet/ride there.

Toboesofkee lake
http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/laketobesofkee/

We can hit Sprewell Bluff in Thomaston http://www.gastateparks.org/Sprewell

Pine Mountain
http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/dowdellsknob.html

Warm Springs little motorcycle museum ($5)
http://www.prestonopportunities.com/Art in Motion/museum.html

1 - 20 of 110 Posts