M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's what I'm trying to figure out with this system. Did I get the wrong part(s) or am I simply overthinking something?
Easy issue:
The intake on the exhaust side is the closest to fitting. Upper mount and the lower rear mount seem to fit in the factory brackets that are bolted to the rear jug. However, the front mount is at an angle and about a half inch gap from fitting. It's not even on the same plane as the cylinder bolt hole. There's not any stand off for this mount supplied so implication is that it should bolt straight to the front jug with the OEM bracket removed.

Difficult issue:
Control(L) side:
The upper mount is spot on with the OEM bracket. The front lower mount is substantially spaced away with no provided hardware or standoff for mounting.
The rear mount, as with the other side, isn't on the same plane and has no supplied standoff or bolt long enough to fit.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought the same thing. Figured they would have included something and some hardware long enough to attach it. It's not like this is some jungle website rebranded seaport hopping piece of merchandise.
On the exhaust side the air box mates perfectly to the OEM standoffs except the forward mount.
On the Control side it only matches up to the upper forward OEM standoffs.
This is why I'm so confused... About the product.

Easy questions answered...yes I can chuck up some bar stock and make something... however, I feel like I paid enough not to have to do that.

It's almost like I got 2 exhaust side boxes because they are both identical

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I can likely get the left side to fit but contrary to the instructions, which states to use new supplied 20mm hardware at all 3 locations. 20mm isn't enough to reach through the supplied standoff, the OEM screw only protrudes 2 threads...loctite ain't keeping that in.
Doing this will flex the filter adapter housing for sure. I don't like that for the obvious reason of undue stress on top of heat from the engine plus the base plate of the boxes are different thicknesses. The left one specifically is noticably thinner than the other box.
I did send an email yesterday to their techs to see how dumb I may be or incomplete this system I received is...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have these intakes and noticed the same issue. I ended up losing one of the factory metric allen head bolts so I just replaced them all with the same metric size bolts with 10mm heads. I roughed them up a bit with some sandpaper, painted them black, and added some lock washers. I just left the ones out that didn't line up. There seems to be more than adequate support with the existing bolts that line-up. I bought mine used from somebody that posted on this site. Let us know when you hear back from GMan. They are usually pretty quick to answer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
He responded, quickly as you stated is usual. It's the to many cooks in the kitchen scenario except I was trying to get into another engineers head space and over thinking. A little flex should have her all buttoned up and hopefully the last piece of the puzzle (ECM=BCS?) Will be flashed and ready by the end of the week.
Truly hope I'm not overly excited about what I'm expecting from the flash. But if fuel cutout and throttle tip in is smoothed....I'll be a happy beast tamer... everything else is just extra (full tune)!!
I'll post pic when it's done... Before and after I put the tank back on. Tank removal is completely unnecessary, had to fully see all my options.

Completely unrelated note...why is my avatar different from usual...yes that's one of mine but not for this site...weird... probably Tapatalk

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,627 Posts
[QUOTE="frotosride_2239, post: 4017691, member: 91533"

Completely unrelated note...why is my avatar different from usual...yes that's one of mine but not for this site...weird... probably Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

If you notice, the user name is different too. Instead of Frotosride, it's showing frotosride_2239. Did you log in under the wrong name? Post counts are different in both too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dang you's a pretty fart smeller! Eyes ain't that good at computer thingys

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The remedy... straight from G-man himself. Flex it and it'll fit. Make bushings if you want but for 15yrs there hasn't been any problems.

So I made two bushings... And BCS shipped my ECU today...oh the excitement!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before you watch the video I will like to preface this by reminding everyone safety. Also, there are a few things that affect actual speed other than throttle input. After you've ridden your bike for a while You understand the sound of the engine the RPMs the gear you're in and a very good idea of how fast you're actually going. Especially if you shift at the rev limiter every single time. But that being said the reminder is tired diameter RPM and final drive ratio plus the gear you're in dictate how fast you're going. An increase of a couple hundred RPM ie raising your rev limiter will affect your final speed. These are things you should take into account prior to entering turns. Enjoy the video!

New video by Froto's Garage

You'll notice as I cross over the double yellow I seem to move a little faster to the right than I do forward. That is because both my front and rear tires locked up due to how slick the yellow line is. And then as you can imagine hitting the grass at over the normal speed limit is like skating on ice and still on a motorcycle. The video does not do justice to what happened. However, remember when you change your bike learn it again.

• Haha
Reactions: Zoom and Joe RC51

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,627 Posts
Dayum, all I could see was that big sign you were heading for. Glad you recovered that one without doing major damage to you or to your bike! o_O

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick stop in the middle of the road of scoop out your underpants and away you go again. :)
Enjoy the ride and stay safe out there.

BCS
LGB/FJB
Some would think, it was way more important than that.
I had to make sure my wifi on the phone wasn't on. When it's on the camera automagically syncs and doesn't record... It's for streaming. Today was the first round trip to work day and I honestly understand why Suzuki doesn't unleash the Beast on the common folks! They would probably have lawsuits.
For those of you all reading this and think maybe he just doesn't know what power is like. I have a lot of background in power from boosted vipers to boosted imports to (modern supercharged) Dodge demons to diesels that are bigger than your cars and trucks. I build engines on a regular. I understand power.
I can't say that my bike has more power. But there's no doubt in my mind that the torque and horsepower curves will look so much better. The most important thing about power isn't peak numbers it's average and what usable part of my RPMs does it fall?
I'm truly not disappointed. I think what I like the most is... I don't really know.
Throttle response is completely different, first to second seems so much smoother because the fuel comes in so much smoother it's not so abrupt.
That crazy cutout feeling that every one of these bikes has when you're cruising steady at any gear especially in third higher up the RPM range around four or five grand you feel it the most. Almost like you are hitting a governor..That's pretty much gone.
And most importantly fifth gear, this bike has a lot of torque because it has huge pistons 4.40 inch to be exact. It has always pulled pretty hard in 5th gear it's even better now. The butt dyno only speaks truth!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dayum, all I could see was that big sign you were heading for. Glad you recovered that one without doing major damage to you or to your bike! o_O
Yeah I was probably slow down to about 80 85 at that point. The sign and there's a huge hump and trees there right at the base of the sun. As I was headed toward it I had no input control. Turning the wheel was no different than if I was just on the rear tire trying to turn the wheel or lean.
I honestly think the extra traction on my special (Darkside) rear tire is what help me save the bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Today was my first time going for a real trip. Went to south Jacksonville today to get a new helmet...I cannot believe the difference in this bike..all the piggy backs in the world could never touch this ...next step is a little further trip just north of Bristol to dyno tune the Beast!..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts