M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an idea today from someone today at Strokers Ice House in Dallas - since I do not know of any
aftermarket fwd controls available yet for the 109, I am now thinking about having the
the black brackets for the controls chromed, and then will find some better looking pegs that are chrome.

Anybody already done this? You think it would like ok?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I have seen several pics where others have had it done.  It looks awesome. Look in the pics/videos section.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you can wait, I think they will come out soon. If you look at the pics of the '07-'08 bike posted, one of them looked like it had chrome forward controls. Might be the Cobra bike, in which case, they're probably getting ready to release them.

G

·
I have started working on our version of the forward controls and the thing I found the most interesting is that one of the stock pieces is steel and the other appears to be aluminum. I wonder why? One would look nice chromed but the steel piece has the little burrs from the casting all over it and would need some work to make it look right.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hal .... I haven't looked at the brackets that close yet ...

I did notice the fwd controls on one of the bikes from the Suzuki 2007 product release pics - they looked pretty good.

I wonder if there is already something out there that could be adapted?

I really love this bike - but I definitely want to improve the fwd controls - both from aesthestic and comfort perspectives ....

I wonder where the fwd controls on the bike below came from?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I have started working on our version of the forward controls and the thing I found the most interesting is that one of the stock pieces is steel and the other appears to be aluminum.Â
Which one is steel, the left one maybe?? ..........................

G

·
ppridgen1 said:
most good chromers will sand it down on the casting marks(orange peel) to make it look good ,but you'll just have to pay the labor....unless you do it yourself,...... it's not that hard to do!
Yes, but I wonder what was behind Suzuki's decision to do it that way. Maybe one of the parts is from an already existing bike and they didn't want to change it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hal, those forward controls are super sweet. I can't wait to see them on your bike. Any plans on selling them in the store (I know, dumb question). Were these custom made just for your bike, or did you adapt an existing set to fit the 109?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Here are the controls we are using:

Right side

Left side
Hal, they look good!  One of the things I hope to get out out of any new fwd controls is a little further distance between the pegs and the shifter/ brake levers. The stock set up for the fwd controls on the 109 is my only real complaint with this awesome bike.

Any ETA on your set? They really do look pretty nice - would love to see them mocked up on a bike.

BTW - I bought my PCIII from you guys the other day - as usual, it arrived via the 'brown truck" on time.

G

·
We do plan to sell them.

Not having a bike is slowing me down on the production.

Most forward sets are built around basic designs and adapted to fit each individual bike. Some will work better than others but we think this is a good fit for the M109.

G

·
McAttack said:
Hal, they look good!  One of the things I hope to get out out of any new fwd controls is a little further distance between the pegs and the shifter/ brake levers. The stock set up for the fwd controls on the 109 is my only real complaint with this awesome bike.

Any ETA on your set? They really do look pretty nice - would love to see them mocked up on a bike.

BTW - I bought my PCIII from you guys the other day - as usual, it arrived via the 'brown truck" on time.
I really need my bike back to finish them. I am hoping to do them in a standard version and a +2 inch version. Standards will get done first and then the +2 inch. I hope to have them available in November.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HalGreenlee said:
I really need my bike back to finish them. I am hoping to do them in a standard version and a +2 inch version. Standards will get done first and then the +2 inch. I hope to have them available in November.
Thanks Hal - I'm sure you will get my business come this November ....

How's your bike mods coming? ... and when do you expect to get it back?

G

·
Bike is coming along. Lots of pieces to bring together. I will be happy just to be able to ride it to Daytona in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
If my memory is correct the left one is steel and the right aluminum.
I was guessing the left one was the steel one ............................... maybe it was done to help balance the bike , to try to offset some of that hunk-o-metal they call an exhaust ;) :p ................. just a thought :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i think chroming them would look great. it is strange that they are different metals. maybe they needed to balance the bike or something wierd (that's the outermost part except the peg itself, and has significant mass) to offset the exhaust. can't wait to see the forward controls on a bike either.

hal, got any more pics of your engine yet?

G

·
phaed said:
i think chroming them would look great. it is strange that they are different metals. maybe they needed to balance the bike or something wierd (that's the outermost part except the peg itself, and has significant mass) to offset the exhaust. can't wait to see the forward controls on a bike either.

hal, got any more pics of your engine yet?
Both pieces weigh about the same.

Just the pics I posted earlier this week showing the engine mods.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts