M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Suzuki released their 2011 lineup and the m90 is not listed. Needless to say this has me somewhat concerned about long term parts availability for our bikes. I am interested to see what everyones' thoughts are about this.

G

·
They have too many leftovers sitting in the dealerships. They are waiting to see if they sell. If they do, it'll probably just skip a year. If not, they won't make any more. If the have stopped production with assembly parts on hand, that means there will be plenty of support parts for years to come.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That is strange, however, if they release the black and orange 109 LE in the states, I will be definitely upgrading!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't worry. if you notice the only sports bike they show is the busa. there is no way in hell they are only gonna make busas. i agree with Draggin. they must just have tons of left overs, last i checked the economy everywhere sucked. no need to get ya panties in a bunch :joke:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
They have too many leftovers sitting in the dealerships. They are waiting to see if they sell. If they do, it'll probably just skip a year. If not, they won't make any more. If the have stopped production with assembly parts on hand, that means there will be plenty of support parts for years to come.
Yea...tell that to every Buell owner.;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I wouldn't worry. if you notice the only sports bike they show is the busa. there is no way in hell they are only gonna make busas. i agree with Draggin. they must just have tons of left overs, last i checked the economy everywhere sucked. no need to get ya panties in a bunch :joke:
http://suzukicycles.com/Product Lines/Cycles.aspx

Not sure where you saw that, this link clearly shows the sportbike line up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you click 2011, not newest, you will see only a few bikes listed. They are the 109, the Busa, S40, some dirt bikes, and some others, but no new sport bikes or M90. I think this is in part due to an early 2011 release of select models that my stealership was telling me about. The rest will be released in late winter or early spring.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you click 2011, not newest, you will see only a few bikes listed. They are the 109, the Busa, S40, some dirt bikes, and some others, but no new sport bikes or M90. I think this is in part due to an early 2011 release of select models that my stealership was telling me about. The rest will be released in late winter or early spring.
Ok, I see it now. My bad.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's a dead model. Heck I can't even sell mine with a ton of upgrades and only 1200 miles for $8K. :'( Wish I could, I'm eyeballing a '07 black H-D ultra classic electra glide. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Article from Motorcycle-usa.com:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/598/7...ki-Intros-First-Wave-of-2011-Motorcycles.aspx

"With motorcycle sales flailing and a surplus of inventory on hand, Suzuki made the difficult decision not to release any 2010 models into the American market. The disparity between Suzuki's supply and consumer demand dictated the cost-saving measure. Despite sitting a year out, Suzuki announces its first wave of 2011 motorcycles with great aplomb and the excitement of celebrating its 50th anniversary of international racing this summer. "

I think I'll call it a "market-correction" in the motorcycle economy.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
CALM DOWN

With the economy in the fix its in, many manufactures are holding off on some production and introduction of new models for the up coming year.
I wouldn't panic, Suzuki built no 2010 109's for US market and now they are showing a 2011 model... I work in the car industry and we are seeing this there too.... The m90 is to nice a bike for them to pull out of production....i don't see that happening

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I traded my M90 about three month ago and the dealership still have the bike for sale. They are now selling for less than the trade-in value they gave me...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I traded my M90 about three month ago and the dealership still have the bike for sale. They are now selling for less than the trade-in value they gave me...
roughly what is the trade in value of a M90 with say less than 1500 miles and buncha extras???

·
Registered
207 Posts
What are they going for used in your area?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Harley dealer here looked M90 up on NADA and offered only $6800 for trade. :eek: Think I'll keep trying to sell myself for $8200.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What are they going for used in your area?
Price for a new one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Boulevard-Boulevard-NEW-2009-Suzuki-Boulevard-M90-1500cc-under-7688-/120599185135?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1c144586ef
Price for a new one in my area (asking price)
http://www.westcoastpowersports.com...2010J1I17I25JPMQ1290R0&veh=101348&pov=1466719
I know the guys at Westcoast powersports and the price is usually $700.00 lower than the listed price with only $99.00 junk fees. They are really good negotiating. Highly recommend them!
I traded my M90 there. Could not sell privately.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts