M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a local watering hole last night without the Beast. A guy on a Honda Fury showed up & parked right outside the front door. When I saw it out there I wasn't sure what it was at first so I walked out to look at it. When I came back in, he was at the door looking at me. Asked me what I thought of the bike. Told him it looked nice for a small bike. That's when I found out it was his bike. He didn't have a happy look on his face when I said small bike. He asked me what I said & I repeated it. He's like, it's not a small bike. I told him to me it was since I have a M109R. He's like, WOW! Nice bike. They are hot and fast. The remaining conversation was mostly about my bike with a few comments about his. Overall not a bad convo although I think he may have wanted to have pushed the small bike thing until I mentioned the Beast.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I can still recall a time when a 750 was considered BIG. Gradually over the years it kept inching up, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1500. Then 1800 when Honda brought out their big gun. A friend bought one in 2000 and let me ride it. Nice but I would not have bought one.

Now I believe Triumph has bragging rights with their Rocket III 2300. So if you see one parked somewhere, do not park near it, or he will call yours a small bike.:p

·
Registered
461 Posts
I actually like what Honda did with this bike...I think they should follow the VTX platform and offer it with a 1800 tho...but with a heathly supply of cool after market items I think this bike will develop a strong following...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a very sharp looking bike. My guess is he hasn't had it very long.

We wern't at a biker bar so, seeing a bike out front is not a every day occurance. He also had on calf length leather boots with a maltese cross on the front. He was definately wanting everyone to know a bad ass biker was there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This was the bike that i was going to buy last year then i went to chicago cycle and sat on it and you were right its about as small as an 883 or smaller definetly not made for me. I like the look but hate the fact that some guys try to pass it off as a "custom" that they spent tens of thousands on. if thats the case should have spent some more on the powertrain and not on buying the legal rights to honda.

·
Registered
788 Posts
G

·
Guy here at Purdue has a Fury, ran into him the other day. It's big but small, if that makes any sense. definitely outside of the norm like our bikes!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
He was definately wanting everyone to know a bad ass biker was there.
Usually I crash through the font door with my 9 JUST TO BE SURE they know a badass biker has arrived. :D

Funny story. The ole "Little Bike" syndrome eh? My opinion is Honda has no business trying to make a chopper. All of Honda's designs are very sterile and boxy to me. There's nothing badass about it. With choppers in general I never liked the big empty space under the tank, always looks like something is missing there to me. But I'm sure they'll sell their fair share of them at least at first.

My GF has sat on the new 1300 Statelines and likes how it feels, likes the wider beach bar style handlebars....etc.

You should have told him "Yeah that's a nice ladies bike!"

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
With choppers in general I never liked the big empty space under the tank, always looks like something is missing there to me.
Absolutely, I like that space under the tank crammed full of engine. And thats is what we get with the 109, a stuffed to the gills engine compartment.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
For the money between the Fury and the 109 there is no comparison between the 2. 109= way more bike for a lot less money. Not to mention the small ass gas tank on the Fury. They shoulda def put an 1800cc on that bike.

·
Registered
231 Posts
For the money between the Fury and the 109 there is no comparison between the 2. 109= way more bike for a lot less money. Not to mention the small ass gas tank on the Fury. They shoulda def put an 1800cc on that bike.
:agree::agree: and a phat rear tire too!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Personally i think the bike sucks whenever i see the welds on the frame i have to laugh it looks like it was stick welded.Just makes the bike look cheep.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's kind of cool but it's a skinny bike. I sat on one at the motorcycle show in DC last winter. I love the clean engine. I hate the way you can see the frame and steering head but from what I've read that was by design. "Real" choppers look that way. I'd personally like to see a larger tank that cover all that exposed frame and empty area up. And yeah, bigger engine would be better. Oh and why do Japanese bikes always have that frigging gas tank seam? :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
the last bike i owend was a 1985 700 yamaha, i thought that had power so when i started looking to buy again i looked at the fury and was sure this was it, thats the bike i wanted but was hoping that they would put the 1800 in it then i saw the 9 in chicago and fell in love i started reading up on them and bought one off of ebay without every test riding one glade i did the bike is fantastic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts