M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I was getting into my car when I noticed across the street a group of bikes cruising down the road. An 08 Orange M109R, a black V-rod nightrod and a Yamaha Raider. I was thinking "Damn thats a FINE looking group of bikes! I wish I was riding with them"

Today I am on the way home from work, sitting a red light paying attention to whats in front of me... All of a sudden I hear this THUNDERING boom, I get startled and look around, thinking a building or something fell down... I check around and just behind me was the dude on the Orange M109R rocking a Road Burner pipe. The guy had revved his motor after he noticed me in front of the car! Great way to get someone's attention :evil:

We pulled over on one of the side streets and I passed him the info on this website. We should be expecting a new member shortly :doorag: I'll have to get a picture of the group of awesome cruisers in one shot!

It's funny where and how you meet some friendly new faces!
:D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That;s how I met my best friend in a way. I went the the local Harley Day and saw a black M109 and waited by the bike for a while. finally had to go and a guy yelled at me as I was leaving and it was the owner of the Black 9. We talked for 30 minutes and exchanged numbers and started riding together and helping each other out on the bikes. Been friends ever since.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I went and did a charity ride (Water for Haiti) at the local HD shop. Until this time I've only seen a yellow LE on my route home from work. I'm standing where all the bikes are and I see this silver 09 pulling in. Talk about excited. Almost didn't give them time to get off their bike before I introduced myself.
Found out that we had other things in common onther than our 9's. Both military, both had K-5 Blazers. Talked a little bit, exchanged #'s. I tell him about this site and that was it. A bout two weeks later I get a call from him out of the blue. He was doing a mod on his bike and called with a question. That was it. been riding together since
You'll know him as NavyDave, I just know him as Dave. Ridden close to 1500 miles with him since.
Also met an 07 LE on that run. Exchanged #'s. Might as well swap out his 9 for an HD. Cause he was a douche

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Last weekend my wife and I were returning from a ride and had stopped at a station to take a break and get some coffee. While setting there a group of bikes went by and in the middle were TWO yellow 109's. There's no mistaking the yellow ones when they go by. We saw four 109's in total that day, and I remember not long ago it was a surprise to see even one on a really long ride.

·
Registered
550 Posts
They are everywhere

Well Last night a nieghbor pulls up on his new ride an 07 Blue LE he sold his C50. Now I have 5 109's within a 1/4 mile of me and I am going to start charging money for the bang for the buck mods I do on them. I see more and more of them every day. These people are also new to bikes and that worries me a little.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Cool story! Don't ya love when that happens? I don't know of any other type of bike that leads to the kind of tight-knit community of riders the M109 does! It's pretty awesome how we all seem to flock together when we see each other on the road! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

I met Jacques, Jeff, and also Vic (signed up here but none of them post much) in a similar manner. And, about a month ago, a guy named Steve just pulled up in the driveway at the house where we store and work on our bikes. There were about 4 or 5 M109's in the driveway at the time and he was drooling all over them. We chatted with him for a while and low and behold, he showed up in the driveway again last night (we, again, had about 5 M109s sitting in the driveway, LOL) and this time he was riding his OWN 9! It's a Silver one, and I'm hoping he will be signing up here soon (I gave him the site info last night). :D:doorag:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts