M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were out shopping for a new computer for me. Well to make a long story short while waiting for my our wings to cook I went next door to Open Road Lifestyles. Yep you guessed it it's a store that sells motorcycles. Well guess who follows me. If you said the wife you're right.

There was a 250CC Rebel there that she fell in love with. When I asked her if she wanted it she said YES :eek:. So, now I'm confused.:eek: I said she, but you have to wait till March 1st. She agreed? :eek::a20:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My wife and I were out shopping for a new computer for me. Well to make a long story short while waiting for my our wings to cook I went next door to Open Road Lifestyles. Yep you guessed it it's a store that sells motorcycles. Well guess who follows me. If you said the wife you're right.

There was a 250CC Rebel there that she fell in love with. When I asked her if she wanted it she said YES :eek:. So, now I'm confused.:eek: I said she, but you have to wait till March 1st. She agreed? :eek::a20:
:a20: Awesome

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
good starter bike but wont keep up with the 9....but then again what will...? ITS too small, and she will be tired of it after the first yr if not sooner... I would suggest buying her a used one so your not out that much when she is ready to upgrade.... Just my 2 cents worth.. GOOD LUCK look out March 1!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea BUT

After saying I can't have a bike till Mar 1st she turns around and wants one too????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

good starter bike but wont keep up with the 9....but then again what will...? ITS too small, and she will be tired of it after the first yr if not sooner... I would suggest buying her a used one so your not out that much when she is ready to upgrade.... Just my 2 cents worth.. GOOD LUCK look out March 1!!!!:D

·
Registered
838 Posts
Now what you do is take her there as often as you can. Have her sit on it. Imagine putting ( I say putting cause it's a 250) down the road. side by side with her man. Tell her all the things that you two can do to her new bike when she gets it in March.
Maybe feeding her that riding feeling that we all can't get enough of on here might help push your puchase date forward some.
Maybe this is why I'm signle. Oh well, No one to ask if I can go ride but myself.

Best of luck tbar

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Been doing some minor work on a mods list

Greggs License Plate Kit
$ 120.00
Strutto Rear Turnsignals, DLP
$ 144.95
Hellcat Windshield, DLP
$ 201.90
Kurakyn ISO Grips, DLP
$ 65.69
Kurakyn Bullet Grip Ends
$40.99
Extended Mirror Arms, DLP
$ 69.00
Lowering Links
$89.95
Chrome Side Covers
$54.95
Chrome Hub Cover
$169.99
Chrome Swingarm Cover
$79.99
Rivco 2" Risers
$ 269.95
K & N Air Filters
$ 79.99
Dynojet PowerCommander
$ 299.99
Scorpion Tips
$ 195.00
Liquid Pain Chromed Rims
$ 850.00
Blue Joe Flordia Light Kit
$ 139.99

Total
$ 2,872.33

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Money?

You could buy a nice used 250 Rebel with that money instead!:joke:
My wife tells me contradictory things all the time. I tell her she doesn't know what she wants, just likes to see my reaction, and go from there. She's not sure if that's true, but maybe.:dontknow:
Life's funny. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:agree:

After saying I can't have a bike till Mar 1st she turns around and wants one too????:eek::eek::eek::eek:
That's a woman for ya!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO WAY

BRO

You could buy a nice used 250 Rebel with that money instead!:joke:
My wife tells me contradictory things all the time. I tell her she doesn't know what she wants, just likes to see my reaction, and go from there. She's not sure if that's true, but maybe.:dontknow:
Life's funny. Merry Christmas.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,900 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,900 Posts
That would certainly be applicable to my ex! :a20:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya, I heard that too

LOL

hey....if it bleeds for a week and doesn't die.....be careful.....be very careful !!! just sayin !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
Like I told you in that other post, get them interested then the bike problem is over.

Looks like she got interested all by herself. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts