M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at the gas station (S.R. 434 and Interstate 4 in Longwood) the other week, stopping for some fuel and cold drinks. A kid (like 18 yrs old) walks by and checks out the two Black 109's we had parked as he goes into the gas station. When he comes out he is trying to figure out what type of bikes they are (as they are debadged)

Kid says: Those are nice bikes, what kind are they ?

I say: Oh we built those ourselves.

Kid says: Nice, they look like a cross between a sport bike and a cruiser.

I say: Thats what we did, we took a sport bike and a cruiser and put them together.

Kid says: They look great, can I take some pictures of them with my camera phone?

I say:Â Â Have at it.

Kid says: Thanks, and walks away.

Brian and Ken who were with me (now shaking their heads and laughing) say: That was funny, now that kid is going to show those pictures to his buddies and they are going to say: those are Suzukis you dummy.

I say: Hey gotta have some fun with folks once in a while. ;)Â

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You should have told him that while most custom builders would charge $30K for a badass bike...you'd get him one just like it for $16K, or for $20K...throw in a custom DLP 10" rear end & FAT 280 rear. :evil:

·
Registered
732 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :evil: :bigthumbsup: :evil:

G

·
Knowing the people who frequent that area, you should have offered one of them to him for sale for $30,000. He would have gone home, gotten some of Daddy's money and paid you on the spot. You could have used the money you made and bought a VROD and made yourself a real bike! :D

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toneout said:
Knowing the people who frequent that area, you should have offered one of them to him for sale for $30,000. He would have gone home, gotten some of Daddy's money and paid you on the spot. You could have used the money you made and bought a VROD and made yourself a real bike!  :D
Will,

You must know that area because the kid actually was driving a nice BMW cage.

But that'll be the day that I buy some little VROD.

I'm sticking with big Jap bikes. (will be adding a Hayabusa to the garage next year)

When my wife and I retire we will be getting a Goldwing. Never see myself on a harley. I am not that much of a poser. 8)

Apollo

G

·
I was joking because that's what they think is a real bike. I grew up around there, I would know. He's a poor one. I saw a kid driving a Bentley at that 7-11 not too long ago. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Pulling the wool on an 18 year old boy, and the girl's are worse. They date the 18 year old's. It was too easy.

You pulled a Jed Clampett, pitiful Jethro, pitiful, go home and do your cyphers.

Thanks for the laugh, :bigthumbsup:

Doc :read:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I was getting gas yesterday and a guy pulled alongside and asked what it was. I still have the badges, guess he couldn't read them. I told him and he said he liked it and they had really changed a lot. Turned out he had a C90 and still didn't know what it was.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think you did great ...I would of also pulled his chain but I would of probally told him that Jesse James was my business partner.... :doorag:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Reminds me of a friend that had the blue with white stripes 70 Chevelle. He had the LS-7 with extra mods, car ran 10's. Anyway, he gives me a ride to the gas station and the windows at the gas station are rattling out of their frames and this kids asks " hey is this thing built"? George calmly replied no, then did one hell of a whole shot as we left. This car was unbelievable, he pulled the motor and put it in his 68 Camero and ran 9's. Best ride I ever had.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol, i tell people half chopper and half cruiser. i say "when do you see a cruiser with a fat tire and no back seat" lol they believe it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts