M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding today with a group of local guys...couple of raiders, like 4 vstars of various displacement, one kawi crotch rocket..a virago, my 109 and 3 harleys....now Im not posting this to start a bunch of crap, but I just wanted to say that for the first time I saw first hand the whole harley leaking oil thing....I never laughed out right when I saw two of the three harleys leaking oil....but I gotta tell you I was damn near running off the road laughing so hard when I thought about all the posts Ive read here...and thinking about those poor two guys all proud of their leaking machines...just wanted to say I guess there is some truth to the harley oil leaking thing when 2/3 of the ones in the group had that problem today...Ive put 17000 miles on my bike this year...and Ive only see 2 bikes while on a ride leaking oil like that and that was on my ride today...I guess other than my puke incident on the way to flagstaff...Just some funny shttt to actually see after reading and hearing about it all these years.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i know how you feel.

a few weeks ago me & a buddy from work hit up a local breakfast run. so we hit some nice long country roads on the way there. riding with my shield up i thought i was getting hit in the face with morning dew from my Vstream. when we got to the breakfast my buddy says i had some black dots on my face. i told him it was oil from his hog. :swear:

all i could do was offer him a few dollars for a quart of oil. :-\

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I can totally relate to your story.
Last week I went up to Daytona for Bikefest. It was about an 850 mile round trip for me. I left K.W and drove to Stuart to spend the night at my sister and brother in-laws house. I left the next morning with my brother in-law and his friend, both on Harley's. They both joked around with me how being with a metric bike might give them a bad rep. Well, at the first highway rest stop a couple of tourists walked up to us and walked around their HD's right up to my bike. They wanted to know if it was a custom bike and if it was OK to take some pictures with it. I could see how my riding partners were squirming. After they left I had to help my brother in law clean up a bunch of oil that was leaking out of the top of his oil reservoir. I never said a word, just gave him a rag at every rest stop and smiled.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,948 Posts
I don't pick on other bikes, but I did have something happen like that with my brother's Softail that he owned for all of 8 months. He bought it used and was really proud of this thing and had detailed it for days. The first time I saw it I was showing him some things about it and reached under the engine to point something out. Pulled my hand back and it was covered with an oily mess. He about crapped his pants. :D

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Last year, my dad and I were out for a ride. He rides a chopped, raked, stretched, and narrowed 69 HD. Well, one of the bolts that holds his oil cooler on went missing, and the vibration eventually cracked the cooler. We were crossing bridge, and I thought it had started to rain. Odd, I thought, as there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I reached around my windshield and wiped some on my finger, realizing that it's engine oil. We found an auto parts store, and he bypassed it with a short piece of metal brake tubing until he could replace it.

-Josh

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
This happened to me

Went to Louisville with some friends both the husband and wife ride Harleys. Danny was trying to be a smart azz and poured water under my bike and said he thought it was a leak. I said to him that it was probaly left from a Harley that has parked there before me (Laughing). His wife look at me and said Bob you're not right. Hence my handle : TBAR = That Boy Aint Right! :eek: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts