M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...is all I can say , I made my way down to the Ocean Front (VA Beach, Va.) and cruised the strip...this strip is about 2 miles long , loaded with shops and hotels and lots of tourist.

All the way down is an BP gas station 1 block from the Ocean...well my light was blinking and I thought I'd fill up... I looked at the prices 1 block away
and said sheesh 3.49 per gal...I thought oh well , near my home it's $3.19 prem 20 mins away. Anyway, as I pull in I see about 27-30 crotch rockets parked neatly at this "hang out" spot...I see guys pointing at me...or the bike...a couple of guys were jumping up and down excited because they haven't seen it before and some were moving so to see it as I pulled in.

I proceed next to a pump , twisting the throttle a few times holding in the clutch to get some effect...with the help of the massive overhang above it ,sounded
beastly awsome . I let it idle for a few seconds...then turned it off...pulled off my helmet...walked inside to prepay, came back out and there were 10+ guys standing around it swearing and giving props to it....my head got kinda big , I admit I was proud and enjoyed the moment.

I had to answer a lot of questions...how big ? How fast ? Tire ? How much ? Weight ? Tire ? Tire ? When did it come out ? Can I have your Autograph ?...jk :D
Did I put on the chrome on it...whats this and that ? , why did I buy it? how do I keep it soooo clean ? Shaft drive ? ect.
One guy asked can he spin it around the block...I asked him did he have his checkbook and can he write it for $14,000...if not , then NO ! He understood...still couldn't believe he asked.

These guys absolutly loved the bike...a couple guys admitted they would be scared to ride it because of it's heft and size...When I told people it was an 1800, they would say...wtf ? I've never rode anything over an 750 how does it feel ...or thats to much for me....I almost sensed a bit of respect from the guys, some introduced themselves, shook hands , punched the knuckles ....very friendly.

I was invited to hang out with them...and chat a while...so I did ....I had to start it a few times...people wanted to hear it...now keep in mind that the overhang
modifies the sound 2 fold...plus the large hotels that are nearby....helped it to echo a bit....and sound even louder , oh what fun.

We then decided to cruise the strip and make our way past this place called "Bone Shakers" it's about 2 miles from the ocean front...it an outdoor bar and grill
and it's name is what it implies...HARLEY HANGOUT...at any givin time especially fri-sat-sun ....there could be 50-200 bikes parked up there...it's a fashion show
lots of custom bikes , Goldwings, a few rockets ...you name it ...but mostly Harleys, we'd didn't stop but we sure made alot of noise...they pretended to ignore
us...we got a few middle fingers and thumbs down...oh what fun , screwin with Harley riders.

Anyway we went back...I hung for 20 mins then went home...pulled into the garage...wiped her down and smiled and watched tv...oh what a day !

Sorry to be winded...I'll be out there again...hopefully with my 2 buds...on thier 109's
Blue109...get it dun buddy ! :D

My next experiment : go to Bone Shakers and see what the Harley Boys think...If I blend in well there...that will make this bike verrry telling....maybe a crossover :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Surprisingly, you'll probably be accepted at "Bone Shakers". Although there are a few headstrong boneheaded Harley guys out there, most are ok with import bikes around. They just prefer Harleys. What we should keep in mind when riding with Harley guys is, "We know you can't beat us, so you might as well join us." Or something like that. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cool story. Wish I lived by the beach. All I got is the dirty smelly Mississippi river lol

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Jonce said:
Sounds like you had a good time. I've owned my bike for 2 weeks and it's rained 10 out of 14 days. The MN weather should turn around quickly though.
Contrary to popular belief, you nor your m109 will melt in the rain. :bigthumbsup:

Wife & I took her longest ride a couple weekends ago (she's on a little suzuki 250) of about 140 miles round trip. 60 of the last 70 miles were in the rain and it was her first experience riding in the rain. I think she did good.

She still had a big ol' grin on her mug when we finally pulled into the garage.

·
Registered
584 Posts
wildwolf said:
Contrary to popular belief, you nor your m109 will melt in the rain. :bigthumbsup:

Wife & I took her longest ride a couple weekends ago (she's on a little suzuki 250) of about 140 miles round trip. 60 of the last 70 miles were in the rain and it was her first experience riding in the rain. I think she did good.

LOL! Good one....I rode my 109 home in a light sprinkle and on wet roads the next two days. This bike makes you want to ride in any weather!

·
Registered
525 Posts
wildwolf said:
Contrary to popular belief, you nor your m109 will melt in the rain. :bigthumbsup:

I can't count how many times I have been caught in the rain. It's refreshing and helps hone your skills ;) . I draw the line when it comes to hail, though.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want my bike to get wet..I love the new bike luster...rain eventaully takes it away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts