M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before the angry villagers start gathering the torches and pitch forks please read on.. I was out for a ride and I noticed strong gas fumes. I did not give it much thought because, in the past I noticed a small hint of fumes every now and then, but this was a lot worse and all the time, even at speed.. I started looking for the problem.. I ruled out any fuel leaks and proceeded to inspect the gas cap.. It was not obvious, but I found a small crack in the black plastic that holds the locking mechanism.. With that being said this post is three fold.. I want to ask if anyone thinks this could be the reason for the fumes? I want to tell anyone else having this problem what I found.. Most importantly, to see if anyone has an extra gas cap they would like to sell? The dealer wants over $100.00 for a new one and all I really need is that piece..

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
And he has switched over his gas tank also. Come on R Stew, we need all of the facts to help you out. :p Pm sent

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct I did just put on a new tank, and I first noticed the fumes after 3 rides, of around 500 miles total.. I double checked the installation, no leaks and no fumes coming from under the tank. The fumes are coming from the gas cap..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts