M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some advice. Over the years I've had many helmets (fullface), but limited to what the shops have. I like to try them on first you know how different brands fit differently. Anyhow my question is what helmets have good airflow (fullface). Scorpion fits me the best I have the EXO-1000 now and I love it fits great, not too heavy and quiet but damn is it hot. Anyone have any better luck with a fullface that fits like a scorpion.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shoei rf-1000 is really good on airflow, still a bunch of noise without the whistle. I am "squareheaded" and the Shoei fits where the arai did not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a bell star (ace of hearts) and love it. The airflow is great. Its a little loud but I think its cause of all the vents. I used to have an HJC but this helmet is hands down no comparison.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have the Icon Alliance SSR and it has good airflow, and the noise is fairly minimal. And the best part is that it will only cost you about $150 to pick one up.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
try this helmet:
http://www.g-max.com/gmax/gm68sOdyssey.html

has an outrageous number of vents (19) and they are priced right too. i was skeptical at first, but then bobbymac bought one and posted up a positive review about it. then a friend ended up buying one and i tried it out and it was nice. great airflow. just keep in mind when increasing the airflow in a helmet, you will also increase the noise level. can't have one without the other. but this thing was nice and not very loud at all when all vents were open.

·
Registered
853 Posts
For airflow I love my Shoei RF-1000, but I usually wear my O'neal Element bluetooth helment since, I use stero bluetooth to listen to my music.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I recently bought a Shoie RF1100, and have been very impressed with the airflow! Much better than my HJC SyMax. However, I do use it primarily on my CBR1100XX which of course has no windshield to speak of. I have used Both the HJC and the Shoie on the CBR and the Shoie flows far more air to your face and head! Besides that, the Shoie is the quietest, best fitting, most aerodynamic helmet I've ever worn!

·
Registered
45 Posts
helmet

i have a scorpion exo1000 and gmax 68 and the gmax has the best airflow on any helmet i have ever worn. my gmax is quieter than my scorpion but 10x better airflow.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the GMax Crusader and it has an outrageous number of vents. The airflow is great... which is something I need in South Louisiana. I can sometimes feel my hair moving from the air going through the helmet. And as for the noise, I crank up my Scala Rider's radio and it doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the respones looks like I have some research to do.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have a shoei x-11. I know the x-12 is out, but i love the x-11 so much i dont think anything can be better.

my suggestion is go to a powersports that sells shoei, arai, and suomy. If they have all three, they will have all of the others too. top of the line helmets all move tons of air around your grape, so aim high...its worth it.

try them on, if they feel good, stay there and wait it out for as long as you can. you will find long term comfort that way. a 5 minute try on isnt enough in my opinion

when you find one you like, go online and hit up ebay or whatever you like. you will find tons of deals for brand new helmets and people will work with you in the ebay stores where actual powersports stealerships will not budge.

i say get a "big name" helmet. shoei and arai are always on top...suomy and agv are also big in the helmet game.

good luck

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
JD, you took the word right out of my mouth

I have the Icon Alliance SSR and it has good airflow, and the noise is fairly minimal. And the best part is that it will only cost you about $150 to pick one up.

:agree: JD is right about ICON helmets consisting of quality, good airflow, minimal noise, and great pricing.

It is funny this question came up at this time. I just received my monthly sales magazine from CompetitionAccessories.com 2 days ago. They have a ton of the ICON brand helmets available and on sale right now at very low prices. Just go to www.compacc.com and do a search for ICON helmets. That should bring up everything they have available. I have an ICON helmet from some years ago. They are great fitting helmets that provide very good airflow.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had tons of different types of helmets. Currently have a Shoei X-11 and Suomy. Both have very good venting. The Suomy is a little noisier, but not unbearable. I liked the look of the Icon helmets, but didn' like the way they fit my head.

You've gotta go to the store and try them on. You'll look like an idiot, but who cares! If it doesn't fit right, you'll be less inclined to wear it.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
BELL STAR!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts