M109 Rider Forums banner

What do you wear on your 109... full face or half shell (skully)?

• Full Face

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see what more of us are using. I see alot of pics of members on here with full faced helmets. But cruisers generally wear half shells.... Why is this?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
This has been done before. I think a lot of people on here said "both" because it depends on the weather and the length of the trip as to which one they grab as they are going out the door. As for myself, full face all the time. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ALBINO109 said:
Trying to see what more of us are using. I see alot of pics of members on here with full faced helmets. But cruisers generally wear half shells.... Why is this?
I dont consider this bike a cruiser in the normal sense. I know mine does not like to go that slow.
Its seems to be more of a Hot Rod.
I wear a full face only. Even if I paraded around slow so you could see that beverything I am wearing has the same logo... I would still have the full face.

Sledzep

·
Registered
443 Posts
I ALWAYS wore full face on my sport, sport- touring bikes. I kinda' fell into the shorty thing for awhile, but not anymore. It's not worth it. I would wear the shorty on my Intruder 'cuase it was "cool" ( admit it, you all know who you are :joke:). No more. Not only that, it is more comfortable with a good fitting full face. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
ALBINO109 said:
Trying to see what more of us are using. I see a lot of pics of members on here with full faced helmets. But cruisers generally wear half shells.... Why is this?
Most Cruisers go slow ;) this thing doesn't, I'll ware a half if I'm running down to the store or to the office. However, whenever I'm going to push the bike or do something over 30mph I'll ware a full face, it has a bit more protection, keeps the bug, rain, wind and snow out of your face and just feels safer ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Full face, don't want my face looking like that girl's back in the other post. At least she can hide most of her scarring if she wants to. She couldn't (and probably wouldn't be alive) if she had only had a 1/2 helmet on.

I hope the idiot that was driving got in some serious trouble there. Sounds like he was doing some very high speeds with her on the back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Used to wear a half helmet with a flip up visor. Bought the 109 and riding it home the wind wanted to lift my head off my shoulders. When I'd turn to look to the side or behind, the force on the helmet put a serious twist on my neck. (Did I say it was real hard to stay within the recommended rpm range on breakin?) Well the next day, I bought a nice quality aerodynamic full face and liked it so much that unitl it got cooler I thought I'd forgo a windshield.

The bike is fast and I think the modern lines work well with the safer full face design.

Rifle windshield on order, told they were running 2 weeks or so behind, I'll be set for year round riding when it arrives -- God bless the south

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Likewise with Firecat. Full face for all normal riding. Half helmet if I'm just running around the corner only.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Full face HJC because they are the only helmet company that I've found that makes a helmet to fit my GIANT head.
Once I convince PJ that she needs to be riding with me (dating me for those of you who don't equate the two), I'll purchase whichever full face helmet that she wants. I don't care if it's that pink thing that Icon has....I want that beautiful face protected!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Full Face Bell set up with Bell / Motorola HS830 bluetooth phone and 2 way communication system. Also wired with stereo speakers for tunes.

For town and local rides I use the Bell Mag-8 open face with full shield.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
'Fullface'..used to have a Shoei Flip but have noticed a big improvement in helmet stability at speed with RF1000 Shoei. Flip was good for specs though! Hard to get everything in a helmet. RF1000 + whisper kit is super quiet..I like that.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts