M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 08 m109r 3 weeks ago and it came with big shots and a fuelpak installled and tuned for stock air filters now i have k & N hi flows but was told by K & N that i should keep the programing for the stock filter (FP-1128 ) becouse the it may get more air but not enuff to be hi flow
the question is if i go with ducks covers would that make it hi flow enuff to change the tunning on the fuelpak to the hi flow (FP-1131)

another question is i got a certificate of origin from suzuki for this bike which says the bike has 127.3 H.P. can this be true??

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Welcome! First, if the tune was done correctly, it is a bit rich right now. What I mean by this is the V&H maps tend to be a bit rich from the start map---the only place you can get the maps is to call them with your set up and they give you the #s to put in. K&N might be about right for the bike, but with Ducks it be a bit on the lean side---will not know till you try it. If it does not feel right, you can get a hold of V&H with your set up and they will get you straight---will be a bit rich again though. Secondly, that HP # is more than likely HP at the crank and not the wheel. Roughly 110-114 at the wheel stock for most bikes.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Welcome to the site, you will find a lot of helpful info & people here.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

With the Ducks mod, it depends on the design you choose. It has to have more open area than the 2" hole in the back of the box to let more air in, unless you leave the hole in the back open.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. Looks like all of your questions have been answered at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts