M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody worked out how to disable the annoying flashing yellow fuel warning light. The flashing of the fuel gauge is enough. If I disconnect the wire will it cause a malfunction when I do the initial start up test. I tried to color it in with permanent black marker but it didn't work. The amount of riding I do I am getting to see that blinking light too much. Also, I am getting around 6 litres per 100 Kilometers. How does that compare with you lot.

Col

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know how to fix it but I doubt disconnecting the light will cause any problems.
My yellow light starts flashing at about 1 gallon left.
If you ride long enough like that, it will go solid yellow.
And the last bar on the gauge will also flash with the yellow light, no sure when the light goes solid.

So you are not alone on this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine starts flashing with about 1 gallon left.......my understanding is that when it goes solid you're running on fumes (haven't experienced that part) I don't have an electrical schematic to verify but I would venture a guess that it's controlled through the ECU.......

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
cbxer55 said:
Your bike must have gremlins.
My fuel gauge does not FLASH.
My fuel light does not FLASH.
When the fuel light comes on, your supposed to be (HOPEFULLY) near a fuel station.
Cause you aint got much left.
Maybe some knid of electrical malfunction?

Robert Hill
Back atcha wid da gremilns dude...hahaaa...the light should flash
as ya go onto "reserve"...when it's solid ya nearly pushin da bike :D

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thats quite an accent Col I suggest a piece of tape. I usually can go on for another 40 or so miles after the light comes on.:p

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Col said:
Has anybody worked out how to disable the annoying flashing yellow fuel warning light.
Yes... Stop at fuel station sooner :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I fill up usually as soon as it comes on, 160 miles 4.2 gallons. supposed to be a 5.2 gallon tank but I suspect may be a shade more. A couple times I ran it until it was lit up solid and then some and I got 196 miles and put in 5.0 gallons. the fuel gauge does flash to, well the bar on the bar graph fuel gauge flashes but it's small and hard to see. I don't worry much about the gas gauge just glad the low fuel light works well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
OK, Hands up all those who haven't opened their manual yet :redfaced: :read:

Page 3-10 states"...When the fuel in the fuel tank drops below approximately 4.0Litres (4.2 US qt) this indicator (Ed:eek:range light)blinks. When the fuel drops below 1.5 Litres ( 1.6 US Qt) this indicator comes on "(Ed:solid) This is the same for the fuel meter icon. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
HelmetTown said:
This is the same for the fuel meter icon. :bigthumbsup:
I'm pretty sure that when the fuel light is blinking, the fuel gague icon is solid, but when the light goes solid, the fuel gague starts to blink.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My opinion. When it comes on flashing, I can go about 40 miles. When it comes on solid, I can go maybe 8 to 10 miles.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I'm pretty sure that when the fuel light is blinking, the fuel gague icon is solid, but when the light goes solid, the fuel gague starts to blink.
The Fuel pump icon flickers when the fuel drops below 4.0 Liters anf the fuel pump icon PLUS the last segment block both flicker when it gets below 1.5 L.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all.

Col

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
HelmetTown said:
The Fuel pump icon flickers when the fuel drops below 4.0 Liters anf the fuel pump icon PLUS the last segment block both flicker when it gets below 1.5 L.
+1. yeah it gets kinda busy when you get down to that point. the fuel light also flickers at the 4l to go point and when it comes on solid at 1l to go then the pump icon and last bar segment start dancing. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Had mine go solid one time and went about 5 miles more before hitting the gas station. Put in 4.885 gals. to fill 'er up. So I still had some room.

·
Registered
168 Posts
:eek: One thing flat land or prairie riders should know is when ridin' in a :edit: strong side wind so you are leaning to the right 45 degrees or so it reduces the amount of fuel in the tank a :edit: of a lot when the light comes on. I often run 60 or so Kilometers after the flashing starts but when I'm leaned way over to the right I've run out of fuel out in the sticks, not even close to home when normally I'd go home and then back to town with fuel tuh spare. :cus: :swear: :realmad: Hate findin' out the hard way in the middle of the night .......Thanks again to the fella who brought me fuel.
Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fuel indicator light flashing with full tank

After removing and replacing the tank after a custom paint job, the fuel indicator light flashes with one bar showing, even with a full tank. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts