M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys had your fuel so low that you received the warning flash on the bottom of the tach? If so how far have you gone w/ it on. Trying to figure out how forgiving it is incase im stuck in the boonies. Got it on my way to work this morning and got 22 more miles out of her. Anyone get more?

Btw, an introduction. New m109r rider as of monday, bought the fastest color....black. Came off of a hayabusa for years. Lovin every second of this bike.

·
Registered
849 Posts
When the fuel warning on the tach flickers, the one on the gauge also flickers. This happens when you have just a little over a Gal. left. This should be good for about 40 miles if you take it easy.
Fortunately, you get another warning when things start to get more serious in that the segment that indicates the lower fifth of the tank also starts flickering. This indicates you're down to your last quart and a half. I'd be stopping pretty soon after the segment starts flickering, certainly in the next ten miles. These bikes hold the centering of gravity pretty low and don't feel near as heavy as they will when you have to push it any distance.
I've been in the segment flicker area a couple of times and start looking for fuel at that time.
Jerbear

·
Registered
817 Posts
I second the previous post... I've had mind go off a couple of times, and each time she took about 4 gallons or close to that. So, figure a gallon or so remaining.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I lost the first full indicator at 100 miles....then the warning flash and last bar came on at 128 miles. Took 4.2 gallons to bring to full at this time. JOHN

·
Registered
422 Posts
I got caught out in the boonies last weekend (first full tankful to see what sort of range I had.)
The light flickered then went on all the time until I could refill.
Bike didn't stop but I travelled say 10kms after the light came on full time.
Total distance travelled was 301kms (or 185miles) Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I commute to work every morning. This totals out to about 35 miles. As soon as I left the house the other week my blinking light came on. I made it all the way to work before the blinking light went solid. By the time I finally made it to the gas station the next morning, I put 4.99 gallons in. It holds 5.2. Based on my personal fuel mileage, this means I had roughly 8 miles of gas left :yikes:

Now, I have an air kit and PCIII on. I think it's giving my bike a lot more fuel, because my gas mileage has dropped a good bit. Then again, it could be because I'm a bit more throttle-happy with my added HP. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts