M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know :dontknow: how to check the VIN sequence to determine if i have a CAL bike ::)... i want to confirm my fuel tank cap 8)...tia..mjm

·
Registered
775 Posts
i would think that somewhere on the frame or tank ( prolly in a hidey whole somewhere) there would be a sticker that would tell you what the controls of the bike are. fuel capacity , etc. mine is on the lower left hand front frame strut just behind the radiator shroud.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK....call Zuki...very nice lady.... BTW...dais I'm out of luck on the spanner thru Zuki.... can't redly know from the Vin... no obvious codes.. but if you ask they can tell on their system..... if it is... has a CA tag on the end on the screen...mine is NOT a CA bike...mjm

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
simply call suzuki with the vin and they'll tell you in seconds....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
godzuki said:
simply call suzuki with the vin and they'll tell you in seconds....
thnax for the in put... see post above yours posted 12 mins prior to yours... my bike is silver.. yours isn't black is it.???..could explain the time delay... :joke:...really thanks... :bigthumbsup:..mjm

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
aceventura said:
thnax for the in put... see post above yours posted 12 mins prior to yours... my bike is silver.. yours isn't black is it.???..could explain the time delay... :joke:...really thanks... :bigthumbsup:..mjm
roflmao!

He was being nice. Silver's the slowest.

G

·
Another way to tell if you've got the CA model is, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the CA models have not two disconnects under the tank but three. There's the wiring harness for the speedo +, the fuel line, and the evaporative emissions hose for the crap in the tank that allows us CA riders to visit the gas station more often.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts