M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello evry one......i am done with my 1.5" 2-2 straight exhaust pipes, i see alot of backfire......now i wanna know which fuel managment system will be the best??? i am in Dubai(Uited Arab Emirates) so i dont think i can get it dyno tuned here so i will have to play with and for that reason i want a simple fuel managment... i was looing at PC(power comander) Auto Tune with a O2 sensor, is that thing worth the money??? i jus wanna go for intake next thats all....

waiting for replies badly.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
from what i hear, that is the pc v is the end all to all problems!!!!! I have not played with one, but it sounds like it takes care of everything itself and is worth its money in savings on dyno. Also the cobra fi2000r is a very simple fuel management......but not as versitile. Hope this helps

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Go with the FI2000R or if you want to wait until March,April Cobra is coming out with a new self tuning tuner. I'm running the FI2000R and I know guys that have switched from the Power Commander to the Fi2000R. Just make sure that you get the FI2000R not the FI2000. The difference is the R has the injector connectors on it and it is a plug and play unit.

:congrats: and a late :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
:agree:I switched over from the pc3 to the cobra fi2000r and love it. keeps it simple and easy to adjust.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Blocking off the PAIR valves will take care of most of the backfire problems. Usually a fuel manager won't fix that, as it's backfiring due to air getting into the exhaust. But you do need a fuel manager too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Go with the FI2000R or if you want to wait until March,April Cobra is coming out with a new self tuning tuner. I'm running the FI2000R and I know guys that have switched from the Power Commander to the Fi2000R. Just make sure that you get the FI2000R not the FI2000. The difference is the R has the injector connectors on it and it is a plug and play unit.

:congrats: and a late :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:
if i go with FI2000R will i be able to have to maps on it??
and if cobra comes out with a self tuining tuner will it connected to my FI2000R....
and whats up with Fi2000R (CA ARB Model)

thanks for the welcome bro....

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
if i go with FI2000R will i be able to have to maps on it??
and if cobra comes out with a self tuining tuner will it connected to my FI2000R....
and whats up with Fi2000R (CA ARB Model)

thanks for the welcome bro....
Maps are to make adjustments to your fuel/air ratio. Since the adjustments are made manually via pots on the FI2000, it doesn't use maps.

The new self adjusting unit from Cobra would be used in place of the FI2000, not in conjunction with...

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Maps are to make adjustments to your fuel/air ratio. Since the adjustments are made manually via pots on the FI2000, it doesn't use maps.

The new self adjusting unit from Cobra would be used in place of the FI2000, not in conjunction with...
:agree:

·
Registered
91 Posts
The right mechanic can remap your factory computer without a fuel management i have a fi2000r but its all the way off on all settings because my mechanic remaped my computer run great

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The right mechanic can remap your factory computer without a fuel management i have a fi2000r but its all the way off on all settings because my mechanic remaped my computer run great
what equipment did he use to remap it...i know about remaping, i got my 350z's ECU reflashed from technosquare.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
They can use a TEKA tuner, and I think most service departments also have a factory reader of some sort that will write to the stock ECU. The problem is they need to know what to change and the best way to do that is to check it on a dyno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts