M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the Tri-pro 2 into 1 exhaust system arrived yesterday and will be fitted tomorrow. Should not be any problem with the fitting as everyone on this site has been very helpful with all the advice.
The one thing I am not to sure of is do I have to have any sort of fuel management system for Just changing the pipes or can I just change the pipes. Will there be any difference not having one installed or will will it change the performance in any way
Sprag

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
If you haven't changed the intake system from stock you do not NEED any fuel management. With just the exhaust upgrade any performance improvements would be more perceived then real. As to the other question...if you didn't change anything, you would benefit with a fuel management system as the factory map is a very lean mixture to about 3500 rpms. With a well thought out exhaust/intake/fuel management system you can really enhance the performance and driveability of a motorcycle but it can come at a hefty price tag. I have K&N's through a homemade air intake covers, V&H Bigshots and a Cobra Fi2000r fueler and it cost me less then $850.00 for everything...the bike runs very strong throughout the whole rpm range at about a 10% loss in mpg. If I ever do a dyno pull I'll report back but it's not even worth the $35.00 bucks and the time to worry about.

G

·
Hey guys, the Tri-pro 2 into 1 exhaust system arrived yesterday and will be fitted tomorrow. Should not be any problem with the fitting as everyone on this site has been very helpful with all the advice.
The one thing I am not to sure of is do I have to have any sort of fuel management system for Just changing the pipes or can I just change the pipes. Will there be any difference not having one installed or will will it change the performance in any way
Sprag
Do not need is correct, but with opening my SET valve and adding fuel, my bike has awakened. Might be running a little rich in spots, don't know. The dyno will tell, hope next week. But it was a good mod IMO. Seat of the pants, wow. So maybe the SET valve disconnect is a "mod".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts