M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a ton of post on the bottle fed mod and several people have said stuff about needing to change the fuel management. I've chopped my pipes ( no muffler just tips past the cat. And I'm about to do the bottle fed mod. Do I need to change the fuel management?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I've read a ton of post on the bottle fed mod and several people have said stuff about needing to change the fuel management. I've chopped my pipes ( no muffler just tips past the cat. And I'm about to do the bottle fed mod. Do I need to change the fuel management?
LOL,,,,, I would think so. NOS is pure oxygen as far as I know and putting that much MORE air into the 9 will require more fuel to get the most out of the mod!! And from what I have read the 9 likes to run a little rich. Blasting NOS into the engine at top rpms could get real scary on the engine, if the additional fuel wasn't there to do so. Be careful with this mod, Not just for the engine, but the extra care needed just to hang on!!!!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
LOL,,,,, I would think so. NOS is pure oxygen as far as I know and putting that much MORE air into the 9 will require more fuel to get the most out of the mod!! And from what I have read the 9 likes to run a little rich. Blasting NOS into the engine at top rpms could get real scary on the engine, if the additional fuel wasn't there to do so. Be careful with this mod, Not just for the engine, but the extra care needed just to hang on!!!!!
The bottle fed mod is an air cleaner mod, not a NOS mod. However you would be correct about a NOS mod if it were the case.

Now to the point at hand, yes, you will need to put some sort of fuel management on. This depends on your riding needs. If you are just a cruiser and do not need every ounce of HP, then go with the cobra unit. If you like to run at peak HP, then take a look at the PC3/PC5/Healtech fuel programmers. My money would start to hinge towards Healtech's version. Great product for the money.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
ok Guess i don't know the difference,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks,,,,,,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a cruiser but some times I liketo get where I'm goin. And I like my bike and I'd blow the motor with NOS the first day.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
The Problem the Enigine runs into With Stock Fuel dylivery is That it is too Lean and that is Bad For the internals, vaves, Pistons, Both can be damaged by runinng too Hot ,,,
The only System i have tryed is the cobra FI200 ,the thing i like about this one is NO dyno is needed and you Can make adustments your self
and it makes a differance you can Feel in the Seat of your pants :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
The Problem the Enigine runs into With Stock Fuel dylivery is That it is too Lean and that is Bad For the internals, vaves, Pistons, Both can be damaged by runinng too Hot ,,,
The only System i have tryed is the cobra FI200 ,the thing i like about this one is NO dyno is needed and you Can make adustments your self
Thats what I use and yes it is easy to tune ourselves. When i did my intakes and took it out, got up to about 70 and started rolling the throttle and nothing, LOL, I didnt think my intakes would get that much air in, but they do, I had to bump up the third pot to 4.5, She hauls A$$ just fine now on top end LOL

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
That must be an old model because I run the FI2000R. I would also add a fuel management to your system. :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts