M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my custom map results.
The problem is my bike is running too rich. If I ride aggressively, through twisties for example, the bike will sometimes stall when I come to a stop and pull the clutch in.
It doesn't do this if I'm cruising on the highway.
Could that fuel blip you see on the dyno chart cause this problem. Is this blip normal, has anyone else seen a blip like this.
You can see it was much worse without the custom map.

I thought about getting a Cobra FI2000R system, but I need fuel out, so I don't see how that will work.
The tuner did two maps for me, and still couldn't get rid of that blip. Did I just get a bad tuner, or is this something others have seen.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bro, no wonder your bike is running bad, that is a terrible fueling line, whoever mapped that bike didnt have a clue what they were doing or they rushed it i would take it back to em and demand they do it again, i mapped mine again last week (using pcv) and my fueling line was tracing the line spot on, just takes time, make sure they map it at every throttle position from 100% down to 5%, a lot of dyno guys just map at 100% throttle to gain power output, but how often are you at 100% throttle ??
Take it back !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought about getting a Cobra FI2000R system, but I need fuel out, so I don't see how that will work.
The tuner did two maps for me, and still couldn't get rid of that blip. Did I just get a bad tuner, or is this something others have seen.
Sounds like you might want to look into your exhaust system as well. This blip is low to mid range and could easily cause your issue, but it's a lean condition you need to look into.

I prefer the Bully controller as it can be adjusted while you ride for immediate response, which could help with your problem.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of my custom map results.
The problem is my bike is running too rich. If I ride aggressively, through twisties for example, the bike will sometimes stall when I come to a stop and pull the clutch in.
It doesn't do this if I'm cruising on the highway.
Could that fuel blip you see on the dyno chart cause this problem. Is this blip normal, has anyone else seen a blip like this.
You can see it was much worse without the custom map.

Bro, no wonder your bike is running bad, that is a terrible fueling line, whoever mapped that bike didnt have a clue what they were doing or they rushed it i would take it back to em and demand they do it again, i mapped mine again last week (using pcv) and my fueling line was tracing the line spot on, just takes time, make sure they map it at every throttle position from 100% down to 5%, a lot of dyno guys just map at 100% throttle to gain power output, but how often are you at 100% throttle ??
Take it back !!!
Sounds like you might want to look into your exhaust system as well. This blip is low to mid range and could easily cause your issue, but it's a lean condition you need to look into.

I prefer the Bully controller as it can be adjusted while you ride for immediate response, which could help with your problem.
Thanks for the replys. I'm actually glad to know my problems are likely due to that fuel line. I've had it re-mapped twice. They aren't going to get it right, so there is no point going back.

JMarc,
Can you explain a little more about what you mean. How might my exhaust system be part of the problem. I thought that line meant it was rich. You're saying lean. Am I reading it wrong. Your input is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
It's definitely running lean around that 3500 rpm range, not rich. Looks like they are shooting for around 12.7 - 1 A/F ratio, which is correct. But at that one point you are near 16 -1 which is really lean.

Anything above the dotted line is lean, anything below it is rich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts