M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on adding an auxillary fuel tank to the bike and need to know what size fuel line the bike has already. I have the service manual on it's way but I was hoping to get the quick answer here. I was not able to find anything doing a search. Does anyone know what size the fuel line is on the 109?

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I just looked in the manual Mike and I do not see them mentioning a size. I would think it would be a 3/8's hose. But if you are making a reserve tank, keep in mind that the fuel pump is in the tank and not an external one. You could always just keep the extra fuel in your trailer and pull over and top off the tank when it gets low. That was a thought that I had once.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.... I found a size of 1/4" on Customizing Cruiser. Thanks for looking into it.

As far as the fuel pump goes, I am still working on that. Since I am mounting the 3 gallon tank on the trailer, gravity will not work. So I may tap into the tank and refill it from there. If that is the case, then it doesn't really matter what size fuel line exists today. LOL

Any suggestions? I have not found too may posts related to mounting a tank on the trailer. One thing is for sure, I will have a break away disconnect near the hitch.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
A little risky have a fuel line exposed Mike. You could always just keep the extra fuel in your trailer and pull over and top off the tank when it gets low. That was a thought that I had once. And as you stated, it would not matter what size hose to use.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little risky have a fuel line exposed Mike. You could always just keep the extra fuel in your trailer and pull over and top off the tank when it gets low. That was a thought that I had once. And as you stated, it would not matter what size hose to use.
I completely agree. I plan to minimize the exposure great deal. I will bet that you won't even know it is there when I am done. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts