M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a on going problem with this bike only at full throttle on the highway. It always seems like it is starting to run out of gas and then you can back off then get back in it and have power again for a short time.So I pulled the fuel tank off to inspect and found my fuel line routed over the frame rail and the tank was setting on it . Inspected the fuel line and there is a nice aluminum rub spot from were it was slightly pinched.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Alright, now go beat on it and tell us if that was the culprit. :D J/K Thanks, for the heads up I will be under my tank soon anyway to see if there is anything I can ditch without hurting it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The Suzi FI system has a LOT of pressure in it. The gas line coming off the tank is a rubber coated line, but it is metal inside, so I doubt you pinched it.

You need to be real, REAL careful that it sits EXACTLY the right way when you take the tank off and put it back. If you are not sure, refer to the service manual for the correct routing. It has to be exact. Otherwise, the line will weaken over time and split, and you'll find yourself straddling a high-pressure gas-spewing 100 mph potential incendiary bomb (Don't ask me how I know...  :redfaced: )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm..

I wonder if that is the culprit of my bogging problem when I shift gears... I am takin it to the dealer but I will look into this before hand... THANKS FOR POSTIN!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts