M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 9R's:
I have an '06 M109R. When my bike is on the kickstand and I turn the key on, my fuel level reads "E". However, when I stand it straight up, the fuel level reads according to the fuel in there. It was doing this before I changed out the fuel pump and sensor unit. I have replaced the fuel pump and sensor unit, but still have the same results. Any ideas????
thx

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
The gas gauge is a notorious issue on these bikes. My Gauge reads completely full until i hit about 150 miles traveled then the bars start to drop very quickly. So i would say that your bike is just showing you one of it quirky traits, nothing to worry about and as far as i know there is no cheap fix either! With that all said i have always used my distance traveled odometer and when i hit 150 miles i start looking for a gas station.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gas gauge is a notorious issue on these bikes. My Gauge reads completely full until i hit about 150 miles traveled then the bars start to drop very quickly. So i would say that your bike is just showing you one of it quirky traits, nothing to worry about and as far as i know there is no cheap fix either! With that all said i have always used my distance traveled odometer and when i hit 150 miles i start looking for a gas station.
Thx for the feedback.
What prompted me to change the pump and sensor was that it was also having difficulty starting, but I thk that may hv been due to a dirty fuel filter. I hope there's not some other sensor I'm missing.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
10-4 on that bro!! Every time I fill up is zero my trip meter and keep an eye on it when it gets around 150 or 160 and start thinking about fuel stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts