M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am from Czech Republic, I have the problem like a most of U had.Fuell leaking from below the left AirFilter...so as I went through this forum I founded, that there were recall action from Suzuki about that.BUT...I am not an original owner and my bike comes from Germany so my dealer is quite far away from me (approx 250 miles).So my question is HOW MUCH COULD IT COST, if I will let it make in another Suzuki dealer service?Is it only about some hose, or is it about some expensive stuff?What is the price for it in US?Thanx you a lot guys.

Adam

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
A recall is just that. They are required to fix it at no charge no matter what dealer you take it to. At least that is the way it works in the US. It is actually just the clamps making it leak. I have heard of some replacing the clamps and it worked out fine. The tube the fuel line is clamped on is not round at the clamp spot. Hope you get it fixed. I was not the original owner and mine was fixed FREE.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alien is right, the dealer has to fix ir regardless if your the original owner or not....
Which Alien? (Joke)

Yep but on dealer in Czech Rep. told me, that I have to go to dealer where my M109R were bought...I don´t think that dealer was right, because for example If you have a car, you can use any brand dealer for this issues...
But uff..ufff I am happy that it is only abou clamps.Is it really only about clamps?Is it information from Suzuki dealer or you only guess?
THanx ;)

·
Radio Active Member
27,706 Posts
Did anybody make it on your own?
I think there was 1-2 people that I can think abut the corrected the line them selves. If your local dealer won't repair it, call Suzuki and ask them how they plan on transporting the bike to the nearest dealer that will conduct the warranty. Because your local dealer refused to do it. I'm sure that would get someones attention.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there was 1-2 people that I can think abut the corrected the line them selves. If your local dealer won't repair it, call Suzuki and ask them how they plan on transporting the bike to the nearest dealer that will conduct the warranty. Because your local dealer refused to do it. I'm sure that would get someones attention.
Where can I get contact number or email directly to someone from Suzuki?I mean some international/main headquater or something like that..It is good idea to make it like you adviced me, but who should I contact then?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Which Alien? (Joke)

Yep but on dealer in Czech Rep. told me, that I have to go to dealer where my M109R were bought...I don´t think that dealer was right, because for example If you have a car, you can use any brand dealer for this issues...
But uff..ufff I am happy that it is only abou clamps.Is it really only about clamps?Is it information from Suzuki dealer or you only guess?
THanx ;)
The thing about recalls. The cost of the repair is picked up by the manufacture. There should not be any cost out of your pocket. I don't know how things work in the Czech Republic, but here in the United States. You can have your bike worked on at any Suzuki dealer or authorized shop. It has to be a Suzuki shop though, not just any brand dealer as you put it. If the dealer you are working with is not a Suzuki shop. That could be the reason why they told you to go to the dealer you bought your bike from.

·
Registered
685 Posts
As far as the recall, they replaced the fuel rail due the the spot the hose and clamps go due to it not being round. So there is more to it than "just clamps". However, there have been a couple around here that fixed the leak by replacing the clamps. Make sense? Best bet is to let a dealer do the recall, but if the local dealer won't do it because of it being an out of country bike or whatever, just try to fix it with some clamps. I think your local dealer is full of it, but let us know.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I did the fix myself. In case you want to mod your existing fuel rail: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=775932&postcount=16

Here's the recall info (for the USA): http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/Tech_Bull/asmc_005925.pdf

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Hi,

I am from Czech Republic, I have the problem like a most of U had.Fuell leaking from below the left AirFilter...so as I went through this forum I founded, that there were recall action from Suzuki about that.BUT...I am not an original owner and my bike comes from Germany so my dealer is quite far away from me (approx 250 miles).So my question is HOW MUCH COULD IT COST, if I will let it make in another Suzuki dealer service?Is it only about some hose, or is it about some expensive stuff?What is the price for it in US?Thanx you a lot guys.

Adam
It`s a recall they have to fix it free of charge!!! Good luck bro!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.