M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to take a ride this morning and uncovered the bike. A strong fuel odor was evident. Found a small puddle near the kick stand and leakage on the back head. Boy, you guys write about a problem and my bike gets it. Decided to let the dealer deal with it as I was a little irate and knew I would only make it worse if I worked on it.

G

·
Should not be too big a deal. Only a couple of places it could be leaking from. Have you had your tank off lately?? Maybe the quick disconnect is not on quite right or something is a tad loose. Hopefully, your dealer can take care of it quickly for you. Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just don't play tarzan swinging from your coiled extension cord from one end of your garage to the other.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer could not find any leak. He tightened everything up. The only explanation might be that I just filled the bike before parking it and the heat may have caused some expansion and overflow. No charge for the service and no charge for towing the bike in to be checked. My dealer really goes to the max to satisfy his customers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
taijiman, you feel very good about having a dealer that is willing to help you like that. Doesn't happen every day unfortunately.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good deal :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
taijiman said:
Dealer could not find any leak. He tightened everything up. The only explanation might be that I just filled the bike before parking it and the heat may have caused some expansion and overflow. No charge for the service and no charge for towing the bike in to be checked. My dealer really goes to the max to satisfy his customers.
Wow that is a very good dealer,glad to hear that it may just have been what you thought it was filling of the tank,and fumes,those pesty fumes do make most of us feel uneasy,as it just does not set easy with most of us,and my wife make me tear everything apart to find out why it smells!!! :doorag: :bigthumbsup: :super:

G

·
Two weekends ago we were at a church service (biker Sunday) and my buddy had just filled up his bike and two hours later when we came out he had gas running out of his gas cap. I ran over to the bike and started grabbing a rag and all to clean it up and he just said, oh don't worry about it, it is just hot and it is just venting. Maybe that was all that you experienced. Hopefully that is all it was. My Yamaha RS used to do that when it was hot too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts