M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone sorry for starting another topic in regrades to the fuel leak but wanted to let everyone know what was found out when i took my bike in regrades to this. You might want to check the fuel line that goes from the fuel pump to the injectors for the leak when i took my bike in today that is where the leak was from one of the quick release from what the mechanic told me that it was no longer making a good seal he look in and said there was a o ring in there and that may be the problem but i am having the whole line replace he stated he would check with the company to see if this is a problem or just a miss hap's but he told me he would check on it.

This was the things i notice had fuel leaking on both sides of the bike was unable to locate the leak and around the air filters was dry from what i seen the fuel was following the hose and running down the cylinders which is why i could not feel anything on the air filters. but it look like it was coming from the filters. I know others have been having the same problem with fuel leaking so i wanted to share what i found out. i am not very good at explain things in writing my brain goes faster than my fingers :dontknow:

also you may want to check in between the cylinders for coolant leak when we got the tank off there was signs that show a leak there of coolant not sure if anyone else has notice this but i did not have coolant leak showing but i did have one there from the hose so you may want to check that hose also that in between the cylinders

i will keep you in form of what else i fine out

and sorry if i have this in the wrong place

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
was it the quick connect fitting under the tank or one further down closer to the injectors? Glad you got it fixed, could have been an expensive BBQ! :eek: mine has never had any fuel leaks or problems with overfilled oil but I have done two of my oil changes myself. I am planning on checking out under the tank this weekend since I am going to pull the tank to change the plugs over to the cr10ek's I will check all the coolant hose clamps. they say it's worth it to change some of the clamps over to slightly smaller clamps so they don't run out of room to tighten like the stock ones. happy ridin'. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve j said:
was it the quick connect fitting under the tank or one further down closer to the injectors? Glad you got it fixed, could have been an expensive BBQ! :eek: mine has never had any fuel leaks or problems with overfilled oil but I have done two of my oil changes myself. I am planning on checking out under the tank this weekend since I am going to pull the tank to change the plugs over to the cr10ek's I will check all the coolant hose clamps. they say it's worth it to change some of the clamps over to slightly smaller clamps so they don't run out of room to tighten like the stock ones. happy ridin'. :bigthumbsup:Â
I was the one that is close to the injectors that is where we seen the leak which is under the tank this is a main line also i forgot to say that

·
Registered
775 Posts
i know that a bad o-ring will tend to shrink a little after a few days of non-motion. had a similiar problem with my boat once. is prolly why it would only leak after a few days of sitting

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Fatcat109 said:
Did they say why it only leaks if the bike sets for three or more days without starting??????
Hey Cat, I'll have had mine parked for > 4 weeks by the time I get back to it, I'll let you know if I have any fuel leaks (or fuel left in the tank for that matter) when I get home.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i pick up the bike tomorrow from talking with the dealer i guess they have known about a leak between the cylinders in regards to some clamps which the dealer also change for me but they stated they have not heard of the fuel line leaking like mine was when i talk with the dealer tomorrow i will get more information on this and posted it so i guess mine was leaking from 2 places

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My bike sat for 5 days with no starts in my garage ...I wheeled it out and fired it up and within 1-2 minutes I noticed drops coming from the left side of the bike underneath the air duct....last night I wheeled it out and let it idle for 10 minutes and nada, not a drop... no smells , nothing...

I did notice underneath the left breather that there are 2 lines that run down from under the breather and 1 has a cheesy clamp on it...I believe it is a fuel line and
it did seem moist the night it leaked at the joint where it goes from rubber to the metal line.

I'm going to replace it with a screw type clamp and see what happens after that...but so far no issues after that one night leaked...I'd say the amount of fuel lost
was 1 Tblspn , just about 8-10 drop and that was it.

I will closely moniter this after I change the clamp...and if after a week no issues , I'll feel better.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i talked to the machinic and he also pointed out that the line inbetween the cylders was not tight and have been known to leak from there it is a real pain to get too but you might want to check that one out also just a thought might want to get with lamonster or JR on the easies way to get to that line and check to see if it is leaking but that is just a thought i took mine in to the dealer to have them check it and if you do let them know about that line.

Just my thought

1 - 11 of 11 Posts