M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Any of you have this problem?: When my M109R is at normal running temperature and I am pulling out at normal speed in the city it doen't take it's fuel gradually and I have to gun it for takeoff. When the engine is cold I do not have that problem. Would also appreciate finding out about what kind of fuel you put in your bike.

My bike has already had a new fuel pump put in at 5,000 kms. And yes, like many, my oil level was overfilled at the dealers. Do you think this could have damaged the rings in any way?

Best regards....

Rayman

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problems like that for me either. I made the dealer triple check my oil level before I left the lot. It was over filled but they drained it to normal before I left. Sometimes I notice a very slight delay when I crack the throttle while its warm but I just figured that was due to emissions/timing.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was having similiar issues on my 109... (hesitation)... Once i added the JSD-2M TRE i have not had the problem....
Mine would do this is it decided not to backfire....
My solution... don;t sit there and rev the engine with the clutch pulled in... it fixed me up... (i know we all love the sounds of our engines, and it is alot of fun to give it some gas sitting at those lights but....... )

I hope this makes sense.... if not let me know and i will find a better way to say it :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your explanation Moonbaby. Could you please tell me what a JSD-2M TRE is now?

Ray

·
Registered
721 Posts
The timing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is retarded from the factory...
The JSD module sends a 4th gear signal to the computer which increases the timing accuracy for gears 1-3.
this will smooth things out in the lower gears, and add some UMMFF!!

Also it removes the RPM limit in 5th

Do a search for JSD... (search tab above) Dont let some comments discourage you as we are on the verge of seeing a new version available :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you have any mods on your bike at this time? I would put the bike into dealer mode and check:

1) Any errors that show up in dealer mode.
2) Your TPS seting.

Sorry I do not have a service manual where I could point to you, but if you can find one that would be a good starting place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts