M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my key to on, it's normal to hear the fuel injection system priming or pumping etc.
However, today I noticed a squeeking at the end of it pumping stage. It starts fine, and no lights come on.
The squeek sounds like some metal linkage rubbing that needs a little oil.
It does it every time now. I will take it to the dealer, but I wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

I think what you're hearing is:
"a butterfly valve to adjust back pressure to match the engine's mode. Suzuki's acronym is SET (Suzuki Exhaust Timing), and it provides more back pressure to improve torque at low rpm, opening as rpm increase. Suzuki says this helps provide strong low-rpm torque even though the M109R design favors mid-range and high-rpm power."
Mine does it, too. :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

It may be that valvue your referring to, but it didn't do that before. This noise occurs before the bike is started. When you turn the key to "on" the fuel injection system comes on, and maybe that value you mentioned goes to work, but it shouldn't squeek. It's very pronounced.
When you turn the key to "on" and you hear that little pump run, it's quite embarrasing when the final noise they here is a big squeek.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

The squeak is definitely the SET. I don't really think it is the valuve itself, but rather the cables that run to it, or the pulley. Yoo could take the rubber boot off and apply some lube to the cables and pulley and see if that stops it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

MINE DID IT BEFORE I PUT ON NEW PIPES. AFTER 100 MILES IT STRIPPED THE SOLENOID AND HAD TO BE REPLACED. THAT VALVE GETS SUPER HOT. BE CAREFUL WITH THE CABLES AND DO NOT PULL ON THEM THE INSIDE OF SOLENOID IS PLASTIC COGS. THE SOUND ON MINE CAME FROM VALVE IT IS UNDER MIDDLE OF EXHAUST IF YOU LAY DOWN UNDER IT YOU CAN SEE IT MOVE WHEN YOU TURN IT ON.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

headvince said:
MINE DID IT BEFORE I PUT ON NEW PIPES. AFTER 100 MILES IT STRIPPED THE SOLENOID AND HAD TO BE REPLACED. THAT VALVE GETS SUPER HOT. BE CAREFUL WITH THE CABLES AND DO NOT PULL ON THEM THE INSIDE OF SOLENOID IS PLASTIC COGS. THE SOUND ON MINE CAME FROM VALVE IT IS UNDER MIDDLE OF EXHAUST IF YOU LAY DOWN UNDER IT YOU CAN SEE IT MOVE WHEN YOU TURN IT ON.
Thanks headvince,
So is there a fix to this. I suspect if they replace it, it will just do it again. Any idea how I can fix that valvue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

i hear that little squeek too. doesn't bother me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

Mine does it to!! And it didn't do it 'till it had 600miles. Now it does it every time it"s very annoying. Also my rear brake squeaks when applied and don't know how to fix that either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

Mine goes in Friday for it's 1,000km (600 Mile) service. I plan to have them fix it, or at least commit to fixing it.
There is absolutely no way I'm paying $18,000 Canadian to listen to a very annoying squeek every single time I turn on my bike.
I suspect this will be a recall issue. They will likely have to come out with a new system that is squeek free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

Canuk said:
There is absolutely no way I'm paying $18,000 Canadian to listen to a very annoying squeek every single time I turn on my bike.
I suspect this will be a recall issue. They will likely have to come out with a new system that is squeek free.
Woah dude... how about unclenching a little bit, okay?

A recall issue? That's insane. This is a little bitty squeak. Suzuki isn't going to recall SQUAT unless it can be shown the defect has the potential to KILL someone. And while it certainly appears to be killing you, I still don't think it qualifies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Fuel Injection Pump Squeeks ...

Wanted said:
Woah dude... how about unclenching a little bit, okay?

A recall issue? That's insane. This is a little bitty squeak. Suzuki isn't going to recall SQUAT unless it can be shown the defect has the potential to KILL someone. And while it certainly appears to be killing you, I still don't think it qualifies.
Wanted - "Killing me." I don't think so. I'm kind of proud of this bike though, and when someone comes over to talk about it, and says "Hey can I hear it" and then says "why does your bike squeek when you turn it on dude" "what's wrong with it". I don't think it's unreasonable to link paying this kind of money to expecting your bike to start up without squeeks. I'm not too familiar with what would and wouldn't qualify as a recall, but I've heard several people here with have the same problem, and most don't like it. I can't speak for others, but the squeek on mine is really loud. It's embarrassing to have a high performance cruiser squeek like a mouse before start up.
Does yours squeek? If so, I'm surprised your okay with that. You seem pretty passionate about this bike as well, I would think if your bike squeeked as loud as mine at start up you would either seek advice "like I have" on fixing it, or also express a little passion around why you think Suzuki should deal with this embarassing and anoying problem. :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top