M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about a week my gauge said i had a full tank went to fill it up had 1/4 tank :dontknow:

·
Registered
696 Posts
big69 said:
For about a week my gauge said i had a full tank went to fill it up had 1/4 tank :dontknow:
fuel gauge is a :joke: :joke: :joke:.. just watch tip OD and head for the pump ASAP if the fuel light flashes... mjm

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know that I would call it a fuel gauge, maybe a wast of space would be better. Samething here, stays on full till I hit 100-115 miles then goes down fast...............

·
Registered
696 Posts
svollmer78 said:
I don't know that I would call it a fuel gauge, maybe a wast of space would be better. Samething here, stays on full till I hit 100-115 miles then goes down fast...............
sound like an old girl friend of mine when we took a road trip to... oops :joke:... never mind :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
most FI bikes don't have fuel gauges, none have reserve switch/petcock. they all have low fuel light. that's what you need to pay attention to. reset your trip meter (one of em' any how) at fill up. chances are unless you keep the throttle pinned or ride into a steady hard headwind around 150-160 miles the low fuel light comes on flashing. you still have 1.4 gallons or close. keep riding until about 190-200 miles and the low fuel light goes steady. now you definitely need to get your butt to a gas station. at fill up it will still have about 0.4 of a gallon. so far in most conditions of riding mixed together mine has been getting about 40mpg.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had an '82 Yamaha Maxim 1100 years ago with the same type of LCD fuel gauge . . It was just as quirky as the 109 gauge. Maybe it's symptomatic for LCD gauges to behave this way, but no matter . . I've always relied on the odometer anyway to keep track of fuel level. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts