M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a fuel filter a few months ago and it ran great. Then the gearshift shaft spring had to be replaced and it ran great for about 60 miles then it starting acting like it did when the fuel filter was bad. I just took off the tank and removed the fuel filter and the new filter was broke at the plastic head part.

My Questions - do I super glue the plastic parts back together and put it all back together?

Or

Order a new fuel filter and see how it runs?

Doc

fuel filter

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I wouldn't glue them at all. Gasoline does nasty things to glue.
I would go new and avoid worrying if it's unglued all the time.

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Definitely don't use CA glue. It probably won't stick to the plastic and if it does the fuel will eventually dissolve it.

I've used a product called Seal All on items immersed in oil and fuel and it's held up fine. If I were to glue that back together I would try it first. You can pick it up at most auto parts stores. I used it to fix the float on my old Sportster many years ago and it's not failed yet.

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall.htm

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely don't use CA glue. It probably won't stick to the plastic and if it does the fuel will eventually dissolve it.

I've used a product called Seal All on items immersed in oil and fuel and it's held up fine. If I were to glue that back together I would try it first. You can pick it up at most auto parts stores. I used it to fix the float on my old Sportster many years ago and it's not failed yet.

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall.htm
Well, I may try this but order one in the meantime.

Doc

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Gorilla Glue also makes a product that is not effected by fuels---however, it is an expanding glue. So, if you use it, apply thin coat and hold/press together for 24hrs. Too much and you have glue bubbles everywhere.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I did use seal all and it worked great. Now with new spark plugs, it is running like new except it has 34K.

Happy Doc :hot::hot::hot:
Glad that worked for you Doc. The only fuel I've found that it won't work on is RC plane fuel. I don't know if it's the nitro, the alcohol, or the lubricant in it but it makes it gummy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts