M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will I know when to change the fuel filter? Other than the amount of miles on the bike what are some other symptoms?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Stalling when coming to a stop is usually the first symptom. Miles have little to do with the life of them, all it takes is one bad tank of gas to clog them.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
It is a pretty quick and easy winter mod. But it's quick and you don't need to wait till winter. Was at a dealer today they wanted $45. for one.
I'm changing mine this winter, have 30k on it and that alot of gas!!! So before I start stalling at a stop like Ryan just explained! IT'S OUT OF HERE:bigthumbsup:
BTY there is a great how to, in the how to section. Which I WILL use!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Stalling when coming to a stop is usually the first symptom. Miles have little to do with the life of them, all it takes is one bad tank of gas to clog them.
It is a pretty quick and easy winter mod. But it's quick and you don't need to wait till winter. Was at a dealer today they wanted $45. for one.
I'm changing mine this winter, have 30k on it and that alot of gas!!! So before I start stalling at a stop like Ryan just explained! IT'S OUT OF HERE:bigthumbsup:
BTY there is a great how to, in the how to section. Which I WILL use!
Torq, Zoom = Mike , Ryan = rynosback. :D

I have a little over 20k and I am going to replace it now just for maintenance purposes.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
If you replace them and they haven't plugged, clean them out and keep them for a spare. I changed mine at 18,000 as a maintenance item and it was still not that bad. I put a couple ounces of Seafoam in a pan and added some gasoline, swished the filter around in it a few times, and it looks almost like new after it dried out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts