M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How to remove and replace the fuel filter. You will need to figure out how to remove and replace the tank itself on your own. I didn't include that in the video.
When I have the replacement video ready, I will upload that.

·
Registered
595 Posts
VERY NICE JOB!! I always wondered how to do that (the pics in the service manual are not very good)

Look easy enough that I'll probably change mine next weekend if the dealer has replacement filter in stock.

Thanks! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great Video, except you do not have to remove the eye clip to disconnect the filter from the pump. Loosen the metal housing then turn the filter counter clockwise till it clears the pin and clip then pull the filter off. I hear of so many people losing that little clip when the dont have to?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am going to do this procedure soon and my mechanical confidence is low. This will be a huge help, I cant thank you enough, really. Thank you!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great instructions even for a novice like me:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great Video, except you do not have to remove the eye clip to disconnect the filter from the pump. Loosen the metal housing then turn the filter counter clockwise till it clears the pin and clip then pull the filter off. I hear of so many people losing that little clip when the dont have to?
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:by the way, I changed mine at 5000 miles what a waste, it was sill snow white, others change it at 5000 miles and they are black, so, where are they getting their gas, from a dirt well. Chevron supreme is the only gas gone through my filter and it shows. P.S. very good video showing the steps

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thank You! And I've been wanting to do this I have 27,700 miles on my bike, and have ran 93 octane Sunoco mostly. So can't wait to see how it does look! But I know it's DO!!!! IT'S seen ALOT of GAS, in 2 and 1/2 seasons.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Been curious about how this was done. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
707 Posts
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Another great video by a Canadian. You must be part of the Vancouver film industry. :)) Well done. Certainly takes away any fear someone might have regarding this little project.

So after 55,000km's did you find your bike running rougher than normal, hestitant, sluggish????? What prompted the filter change?

Great vid. And of course you're riding the best colour out there. ;)

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another great video by a Canadian. You must be part of the Vancouver film industry. :)) Well done. Certainly takes away any fear someone might have regarding this little project.

So after 55,000km's did you find your bike running rougher than normal, hestitant, sluggish????? What prompted the filter change?

Great vid. And of course you're riding the best colour out there. ;)

Thanks
Paul
Thanks for the compliments. So many great how to's added here, I thought I should do my share.
My 9 was loosing power, backfiring a lot, and even stalling out from time to time. Way over due for a filter. All those problems went away as soon as the filter was changed. New bike !
I recommend this to everyone who has any symptoms like this. It's a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Kudo's to that remark. I don't however have those problems YET! But i'm at 30,000 mile's, after 3 seasons here in New Hampshire. And thats alot of gas:eek: SO I for one WILL BE changing mine, before it rolls out of my driveway this year! And thanks to your how too, I know HOW TO do it:bigthumbsup: PEACE!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
:agree: 2... I also use Chevron 92 when possible. Really well done Vid Canuk...focus wasn't a problem. You made probably many of us focus on something easy 2 ignore or forget about & as already said gave confidence 2 I think even a non- mechanical individual 2 successfully perform this maintenance task @ same time saving themselves $$$ from the Stealers:a18:

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:by the way, I changed mine at 5000 miles what a waste, it was sill snow white, others change it at 5000 miles and they are black, so, where are they getting their gas, from a dirt well. Chevron supreme is the only gas gone through my filter and it shows. P.S. very good video showing the steps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts