M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There,

I bought this 2011 Blue M109R (see pictures) that was in beautiful condition, no accidents, has 28k Miles on it and had the dreaded 2nd gear problem. My intention was to take it apart and repair it. Once I took the engine out of the frame and opened the crankcase I discovered the Crankcase had a fracture above the gear box right where of the gear bearings sit and honestly should not be repaired. So I am taking apart the bike and selling all other parts. Everything aside from transmission gears and Crankcase is in very good working condition. No dents at all and no major scratches on the bike outter body covers, fenders or tank. Engine was running smooth before dismantle and so the cams, starter, radiator, pumps etc are all in good working order. I have a clean clear title that will go with the frame. Let me know what you need and I will send you pictures and a quotation.

Once I sell some of the parts I will update the list with whats left.

If I didnt follow any of the policies of the site please let me know. thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Stock parts needed

If you don't sell the bike whole, there are 2 items I'd like to buy. The first is left side rear chrome grab rail. Number 4 in the picture.
Next I need the chrome lower left side engine cover (stator cover). Not the small round piece, but the larger engine crankcase cover.
Delivery would be to Niagara Falls, NY
Thanks,
Dean
Font Drawing Auto part Art Sketch

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wouldn't mind a quote on the derby cover and screws if BCS doesn't take the kaboodle first. I will PM.

(If Im reading right its the crankcase part VzrDean1800 *doesnt* want.)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just joined one post to part out a bike but, no response from OP. I'm interested in tank but, waiting like others.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Im interested in the 2 left side lower chrome pieces. If BCS doent buy the whole thing...

#15 and the small chrome piece in front of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Did any body PM. Mr Sunny
I would guess he is working
Would like to get risers myself. "Unless" somebody has a spare set
I could borrow as mine will be getting
Rechromed. I don't want down time on
My bike .I have a 200.00$ certificate
For. Chip Simmons have to send them to him!
Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on Sold and remaining parts

Hi Everyone, I am so sorry for the delay in responding. As soon as I posted here and on craigslist locally, a guy that has an engine came and got the bike. What I have left are all the engine parts from clutch cover to Magneto cover and everything in between and top to bottom. Over the weekend I will take more of it apart and can send anyone pictures of a part you maybe looking for. The crankcase in the area of the transmission is cracked right at where one bearing sits and the seconnd gear and driven shaft are chewed. The clutch basket has a couple missing teeth right at the edge of the outer basket (see pics). Everything else is in good condition. engine was running prior to disassembly. I attached a couple of photos of items i was asked about. If interested please IM me. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Did any body PM. Mr Sunny
I would guess he is working
Would like to get risers myself. "Unless" somebody has a spare set
I could borrow as mine will be getting
Rechromed. I don't want down time on
My bike .I have a 200.00$ certificate
For. Chip Simmons have to send them to him!
Jerry
I have a stock set you can have....just pay shipping and they are yours.

The only part missing is the cross bar that holds the tac, but from your signature picture it looks like you relocated your tac so that should not be a problem.

Pm me your address if you want them and I will get them headed your way.

BCS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sunny, if you don't mind me asking how much did you sell the bike for?

BCS
i traded it in for a 2003 Suzuki bandit 1200 with ********* just rebuilt... it needs a couple of my minorthings and I will put that up for sale.i would say it's between $2800 and $3500. I got to keep the m109 engine to sell for parts.is that a good deal Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick question

Sunny, if you don't mind me asking how much did you sell the bike for?

BCS
Guys, I just added a couple of pictures of the damage in the gears and crank case... i know about the second gear issue with this model, but has any of you seen this much damage as a result. I am a bit surprized the shaft snapped and it cracked the housing. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a stock set you can have....just pay shipping and they are yours.

The only part missing is the cross bar that holds the tac, but from your signature picture it looks like you relocated your tac so that should not be a problem.

Pm me your address if you want them and I will get them headed your way.

BCS
PM you thanks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
i traded it in for a 2003 Suzuki bandit 1200 with ********* just rebuilt... it needs a couple of my minorthings and I will put that up for sale.i would say it's between $2800 and $3500. I got to keep the m109 engine to sell for parts.is that a good deal Lol
Its a good deal for you....because that is more than I would have offered. :bigthumbsup:

BCS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts