M109 Riders banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Brand new 2020 Boss for $13K....don't see a 2006 fetching anywhere near $11K. My experience at age 65 is that you are very lucky if you get 50% back on the add-ons you bought. But hey, you never know!

https://fayar.craigslist.org/mcd/d/searcy-2020-suzuki-boulevard-m109r-boss/7261621996.html
I understand your assertions about a used M109R being sold for that amount. However, I believe the OP's selling price is relative to a select audience of perspective buyers. Some may view at it as being overpriced, based solely on the fact that at the end of the day it's a used, 2006 model M109R...whereas others may see it as a used 2006 M109R with very low mileage (based on the year model), that has been tastefully custom-painted, heavily modified and upgraded with many top of the line mods and upgrades, and has been meticulously cared for by the current owner. I've learned over the years that anything that's up for sale is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it. While the OPs selling price may seem exorbitant to some, it may be the deal of a lifetime to someone else, based on the needs/wants of that perspective buyer. JMHO

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Brand new 2020 Boss for $13K....don't see a 2006 fetching anywhere near $11K. My experience at age 65 is that you are very lucky if you get 50% back on the add-ons you bought. But hey, you never know!

https://fayar.craigslist.org/mcd/d/searcy-2020-suzuki-boulevard-m109r-boss/7261621996.html
First I don't need to sell the bike,I am by no means desperate to sell I just don't ride it as much.so with that being said a 2020 for 13,000 then let's add rims 3,000 + fatter tires paint ? depending on painter,exhaust,intakes,Corbin seats,real custom front turn signals,trim the gas tank how many m109 have that ? and oh ya chrome every part on bike and let me know where your at ??? So if I took half off I am still losing money

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If that person decides to purchase the bike from you, he/she will be getting one heck of an M109R, and likely more than they could possibly realize at the time of purchase. I've always loved the look of your bike K109, and you have meticulously taken care of it over the years.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE!!! :bigthumbsup: :a18: :bigthumbsup:
thanks brotha

·
Registered
33 Posts
First I don't need to sell the bike,I am by no means desperate to sell I just don't ride it as much.so with that being said a 2020 for 13,000 then let's add rims 3,000 + fatter tires paint ? depending on painter,exhaust,intakes,Corbin seats,real custom front turn signals,and oh ya chrome every part on bike and let me know where your at ??? So if I took half off I am still losing money
No doubt it is a nice bike. It is also 15 years old with no warranty. Coupled with decreasing demand in cruiser bikes as more riders go to adventure style bikes...you may be wiser to keep it. Think about it, you put your time, energy and money into setting it up just the way you wanted it. The results speak for themselves. It is bought and paid for. Unless you just don't want to ride now unless its in a golf cart, you may regret letting it go. I've ridden on the street every year for 46 years and can't imagine not riding anymore, though the day will come. I am 65 and 4 bikes that I ride so my perspective is certainly biased. My dad golfed, I rode bikes. Good luck in your efforts.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No doubt it is a nice bike. It is also 15 years old with no warranty. Coupled with decreasing demand in cruiser bikes as more riders go to adventure style bikes...you may be wiser to keep it. Think about it, you put your time, energy and money into setting it up just the way you wanted it. The results speak for themselves. It is bought and paid for. Unless you just don't want to ride now unless its in a golf cart, you may regret letting it go. I've ridden on the street every year for 46 years and can't imagine not riding anymore, though the day will come. I am 65 and 4 bikes that I ride so my perspective is certainly biased. My dad golfed, I rode bikes. Good luck in your efforts.
thanks and 11,000 is just asking price if someone showed up with cash you never know what could happen

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
thanks and 11,000 is just asking price if someone showed up with cash you never know what could happen
If I had the available cash right now, and I didn't have multiple home projects and upgrades to get accomplished, I would purchase your bike myself. It's a gorgeous bike. In all honesty, I hope you ultimately end up keeping it, and finding the love and desire to enjoy riding it again. That bike is beautiful Bro!!!

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
SOLD

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SALE BRO!!! Someone just received one heck of a gift. :a18: :congrats: :a18:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ken...i just checked the post and i got a lump in my throat. i cant believe you really parted with your bike. im gonna have to take up golfing so we can get together now. unless you still want that Jeep you mentioned. im always willing to build up a Jeep. just sorry to see it go. i hope whoever bought it will keep it in the meticulous shape you have. That is a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SALE BRO!!! Someone just received one heck of a gift. :a18: :congrats: :a18:
thanks and yes they did

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow congrats, can we talk about those wheels... :eek: Those looked so nice with the LED kit too!

I still miss my ROUSH Mustang I should NOT have sold in March 2006...

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ken...i just checked the post and i got a lump in my throat. i cant believe you really parted with your bike. im gonna have to take up golfing so we can get together now. unless you still want that Jeep you mentioned. im always willing to build up a Jeep. just sorry to see it go. i hope whoever bought it will keep it in the meticulous shape you have. That is a beautiful bike.
ya Wayne it wasn't an easy decision but I don't ride it,we didn't even go for one ride together last yr.I am having second thoughts about sell hopefully with time that goes away.I hope we can still get together your a good guy

·
Registered
33 Posts
ya Wayne it wasn't an easy decision but I don't ride it,we didn't even go for one ride together last yr.I am having second thoughts about sell hopefully with time that goes away.I hope we can still get together your a good guy
That didn't take long. How much $?

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That didn't take long. How much $?
10,500 I know you didn't believe I would get no where close to 11,000 but you never seen my 9 up close the bike is amazing and the paint job is even more amazing in the sun and so much chrome .the guy and his buddies were going crazy over it bet if I held firm he would of paid the 11,000

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
10,500 I know you didn't believe I would get no where close to 11,000 but you never seen my 9 up close the bike is amazing and the paint job is even more amazing in the sun and so much chrome .the guy and his buddies were going crazy over it bet if I held firm he would of paid the 11,000
Good deal Bro. I bet he would've paid $11,000 for it as well. The truth be told, if you had been selling your bike back in September 2019, when I purchased my very-slightly used 14' model M109R LE, with only 1,306 original miles on it, I would have jumped at purchasing your bike instead. Your bike had very low mileage for a 2006 model, with an average of approximately 1,066 miles per year having been put on the bike, over a 15 year period. Plus, your bike had at least $9,000+ in high-quality upgrades and modifications already meticulously added to the bike. The only thing I would have changed on the bike, if I had purchased it from you, would've been to swap out the Full Length Velocity Pro exhaust with the VPR Short Race exhaust...simply because I am a shorty exhaust fanatic. Your bike was damn-near perfect Bro, and the new owner is probably somewhere right this moment pinching himself, trying to make sure he's not actually dreaming...having stumbled up on such an amazing bike at a very reasonable price. In fact, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's already been telling people close to him that he feels as if he got the deal of a lifetime. Like I stated earlier in this thread...ANY BIKE IS WORTH WHATEVER THE HECK SOMEONE ELSE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT, REGARDLESS WHAT SOME OTHERS MAY THINK. I never disclosed this here or anywhere else. But, back in the summer of 2011, I sold my black, very-customized, quality-upgraded, and heavily-modified 2006 M109R with about 8,000 miles on it to a local guy back in Kentucky for $12,500. I was asking $13,000 for it, but because he was a fellow U.S. Army Active Duty Soldier, I compromised just a little bit, and agreed to let it go for $500 less.

K109, I hope like heck you begin to miss having an M109R, develop a renewed thirst for riding, and decide go out and purchase yourself another beautiful beast. :D :bigthumbsup: :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts