M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have known!! I took my bike to the shop that did my link install trying to keep business local as they say!! Well I wanted to get my 250 put on the rear the guy says it would not fit, hint that I should have left then!! Standing there watching him take my tire on and off the wheel I was in shock of the techniques he was using and so pissed that I did not know what to say or how to say it just wanted to get my bike and leave. Got home there is a groove all the way around the outside of the wheel. The weight fell off that covered to gashes he had in the side of the wheel, bent the wheel where he took the old weight off needless to say I am one pissed off sucker right now!!!
Half way to getting this thing paid off and a sorry %$#@ takes not even an inch of pride nor concern of my stuff.
Oh well, it will be trailered from now on out of town to get anything done!! Expensive lesson learned!!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
There's no way you should let that slide bro. Go back and demand some answers. They should take care of you for the damage they did.

I never leave a shop until I do a thorough inspection of my ride. I let anyone who works on my bike know up front that I will be inspecting it. I guess that's why I do most everything myself...LOL.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Ditto what BobbyMac said, call and talk to the manager and tell them that they need to make it right. Was your wheel chromed or stock? Either way it is their responsibility to fix everything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock wheel and I will be purchasing all the tools and lifts to start doing myself, just don't know why if you are willing to pay someone the way the economy is knowing you will be back if they do you right why not take care of a paying customer!!!

Man this sucks!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Stock wheel and I will be purchasing all the tools and lifts to start doing myself, just don't know why if you are willing to pay someone the way the economy is knowing you will be back if they do you right why not take care of a paying customer!!!

Man this sucks!!!
It could have been the "FNG" at the shop and the supervisor just told him to get busy on the tires. Your wheels and tires might have been the first ones he has ever touched................you just never know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could have been the "FNG" at the shop and the supervisor just told him to get busy on the tires. Your wheels and tires might have been the first ones he has ever touched................you just never know.
He calls himself a custom bike shop. So if he can mount a 300 why screw up my wheel?! I am waiting on him to call back now!! If I sit here too much longer I am going back down there!! Going to try to calm down a little first! lol.

Like they say no one takes care of your stuff like yourself!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have found that even if I am really pissed off about someone that did something wrong, I will get more accomplished if I keep a level head while dealing with the situation.

Don't "demand" that he fix it, ask him to offer a solution and if that isn't satisfactory then tell him what your reasonable expectations are. Then if he still wants to weasle out of the situation, you have every right to rip his head off and spit down his neck.:evil:

Good luck.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I have found that even if I am really pissed off about someone that did something wrong, I will get more accomplished if I keep a level head while dealing with the situation.

Don't "demand" that he fix it, ask him to offer a solution and if that isn't satisfactory then tell him what your reasonable expectations are. Then if he still wants to weasle out of the situation, you have every right to rip his head off and spit down his neck.:evil:

Good luck.
:agree: I also would have left as soon as they stated that it would not fit.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It didn't happen to me but I did learn a lesson from this: If they say it won't fit ???, take off like you stole something! Quick, fast, and in a hurry. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
DO IT YOURSELF

I agree with everyone else. Do it yourself. I got caught the same way had a tire put on and the expert mechanic at the Suzuki Dealer ship which I wont mention stripped the axel. Only turned my back for a minute and my machine spent the next three weeks plus in the shop waiting for a nex axel from suzuki. I guess the hardest part for me to stomache was that no one wanted to take blame for the stripped axel and I was left holding the bag becuase its my bike. You would have to have seen the axel to understand. Don't trust the shops they don't know anything. LOL

Our forum is our greatest strength. :D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I would first learn how to use your own tools. The best way to do this is practice. You obviously need to learn how to use a breaker bar. Therefore, I strongly suggest you grab your 1/2" breaker bar and head back down to the motorcycle shop. Remember, when you swing, be consistent and long follow through swings as you beat him to death. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well he finally called to ask what would make it right, I told him that you knew it was that way when I left that is why you closed the shop door so fast. He wants me to bring it by his house so he can fix it but how can you fix two gouges in my wheel!?

Well like yall say deal with it with a level head, I have a good friend of mine who owns a repair shop who I trust before ford to work on my shelby!! sound familiar?! Called him up told him the situation, he looked at and we decided to clean the wheel up hide the gouges with some thin stick on weights to solve that problem and I went to the auto parts store to get some silver touch up paint to touch on the wheel in the scored spots.

Am I happy NO!!! Can I tolerate it for now?! maybe! Will he see it again? Hell no!! But now I have a reason to buy the lift put it in the shop take a couple of days of vacation and polish my ass off!!! MYSELF!!

I guess if I can pull a motor out of and old C-10, do most of a frame off home resto myself I WILL DO MOST OF MY WORK ON MY BIKE MYSELF!!

Needless to say he left a bad taste in my mouth over this but I will not sit and worry about it, I will learn from it and chalk it up as a lesson learned. My wife says I am getting passive in my old age!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Well he finally called to ask what would make it right, I told him that you knew it was that way when I left that is why you closed the shop door so fast. He wants me to bring it by his house so he can fix it but how can you fix two gouges in my wheel!?

Well like yall say deal with it with a level head, I have a good friend of mine who owns a repair shop who I trust before ford to work on my shelby!! sound familiar?! Called him up told him the situation, he looked at and we decided to clean the wheel up hide the gouges with some thin stick on weights to solve that problem and I went to the auto parts store to get some silver touch up paint to touch on the wheel in the scored spots.

Am I happy NO!!! Can I tolerate it for now?! maybe! Will he see it again? Hell no!! But now I have a reason to buy the lift put it in the shop take a couple of days of vacation and polish my ass off!!! MYSELF!!

I guess if I can pull a motor out of and old C-10, do most of a frame off home resto myself I WILL DO MOST OF MY WORK ON MY BIKE MYSELF!!

Needless to say he left a bad taste in my mouth over this but I will not sit and worry about it, I will learn from it and chalk it up as a lesson learned. My wife says I am getting passive in my old age!!
You should have told him that the rim is worth $1000 from Suzuki, and they go for $350 all day long. Tell him to give you $150 and you will just be done with it. That would be enough to help cover some of the cost of the lift.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dam, sorry for your misfortune...I would suggest he pay for a used wheel in new condition, or if he declines, just tell him we'll have a magistrate decide....keep your head, you have your bill of sale for work performed and take a crapload of pics to show damage...maybe with a newspaper dated next to it...he knows there is noo way he can beat it..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should have told him that the rim is worth $1000 from Suzuki, and they go for $350 all day long. Tell him to give you $150 and you will just be done with it. That would be enough to help cover some of the cost of the lift.
Great idea and I do believe that is fair!! I will be suggesting that asap!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts