M109 Rider Forums banner

'Frosty Buns' RideFrosty Buns Ride 2011 New Years Day 2011

9K views 50 replies 7 participants last post by  Doberman 
#1 ·
Frosty Buns Ride 2011

Y'all are invited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schedule:
Meet up at The Super Mall in Auburn, Nordstrom Parking Lot West End (There will be us hardy riders from possibly 6 different groups)(Last year we had 28 bikes and over 40 people.

Arrive 11:00am and park side by side for picture taking of the entire group.
We will depart the Supermall at 11:30am for Applebees Restaurant in Covington.

Restaurant:
Applebees 17040 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 253-856-1900
The manager of Applebees is welcoming us with open arms so bring your appetite and warm clothing, you will need both!
We will hang out at Applebees until all have eaten and visited then depart in smaller groups back home.

Group riding is encouraged on the return home for visibility and safety on the day after New Years Eve……need I say more! ;->

Spread the word!!!!!
This is an Annual Frosty Buns Ride and is how I start out my New Year……RIDING!

All are welcome as long as there's no drinking or drugs used or shared.

Have a Merry Christmas…..see you all New Years Day, rain, shine or otherwise!

See less See more
#2 ·
Frosty Buns Ride 2011

Y'all are invited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schedule:
Meet up at The Super Mall in Auburn, Nordstrom Parking Lot West End (There will be us hardy riders from possibly 6 different groups)(Last year we had 28 bikes and over 40 people.

Arrive 11:00am and park side by side for picture taking of the entire group.
We will depart the Supermall at 11:30am for Applebees Restaurant in Covington.

Restaurant:
Applebees 17040 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 253-856-1900
The manager of Applebees is welcoming us with open arms so bring your appetite and warm clothing, you will need both!
We will hang out at Applebees until all have eaten and visited then depart in smaller groups back home.

Group riding is encouraged on the return home for visibility and safety on the day after New Years Eve……need I say more! ;->

Spread the word!!!!!
This is an Annual Frosty Buns Ride and is how I start out my New Year……RIDING!

All are welcome as long as there's no drinking or drugs used or shared.

Have a Merry Christmas…..see you all New Years Day, rain, shine or otherwise!
Sounds good Gary, I just don't do rain, after the oyster run. First time I intentionally rode in the rain,,,,,,,,LOL I will keep an eye on things,,,,,,,,

#3 ·
What!!!
U think that lil M of yours is gonna melt or something?????:dontknow:

Major portion of the miles on my C have been in rain. I figure it keeps everything washed clean and I never have to worry about the bike..........or me..........overheating!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ice and snow keep me from wearing out my tires as quickly!:bigthumbsup::-*

#8 ·
ON Your M!!!!
Good Man!!!!
Just talked nemo into maybe riding on wet roads and you're going to tackle a mountain pass or two....my kind of rider!!!!! Mending foot and all!!!!!

Pic is of the Mrs a couple years ago with my 2002 Suzuki LC1500!!!
5,431' Chinook Pass on Memorial Day Weekend just 100 miles away from Seattle

#10 ·
You realize your bike won't melt....:D:D:D:D:D

Your riding must be limited living in Washington then? Not criticism, just an observation.

#17 ·
Heated Gear

Gary, I'm guessing that you have some plug in gear to keep you warm if you ride in that sort of weather. I was looking at the Gerbing's site and trying to figure out how much of their clothing the electrical system can handle. Jacket, pants, gloves, and boot liners run about 220 watts/ 16 amps. Is that too much of a strain on our system? And would hitting the Stebel horn bring the whole thing down?

I do like extending my season but have never enjoyed the chill while on the bike (but don't mind the rain at all). The Gerbing's stuff seems expensive but well made.

Dan

#18 ·
Gary, I'm guessing that you have some plug in gear to keep you warm if you ride in that sort of weather. I was looking at the Gerbing's site and trying to figure out how much of their clothing the electrical system can handle. Jacket, pants, gloves, and boot liners run about 220 watts/ 16 amps. Is that too much of a strain on our system? And would hitting the Stebel horn bring the whole thing down?

I do like extending my season but have never enjoyed the chill while on the bike (but don't mind the rain at all). The Gerbing's stuff seems expensive but well made.

Dan
LOL Gary prolly even has heated chonies also, LOL That guy rides with 3" of snow on the ground..............

#21 ·
Man this frozen chit on the roads better be gone by Saturday LOL, What a mess here, and all that brown slop chit they are spreading, Its kinda working, but that stuff will not hit my nine!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL WAAAAAAAAAA

#22 ·
It's gone down here, don't be a wussy now. I plan on buying you a Hot Chocolate!!!!!! May even get Collin to bring up his white beast.....if we can distinguish him from the snow off on the shoulders! LOL

#26 ·
I am home... Been in the garage but my project is not gonna be ready sooooo I am puttin it all back together but keep runnin into FI issues... not with the contoler but air box conections. I think I got it dunno had a smashed couple of wires. I will be there 10am in Tacoma (72nd and portland church)

#27 ·
she is sucking too much air then??

#28 ·
see ya tomorrow gman,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#29 ·
On da road again,,,,,,,,,,,,

#30 · (Edited)
Very nice cool day

The lens in my camera was all fogged up, and didnt notice it argggggggggggggg sorry folks LOL, but they show the great day we had....Snoqualmie Falls , great place first time I have been there. We had 15 3/4 bikes one was one of those can ams, LOL, We had Gman and his wife , ken and wife, Collen and daughter, Jack/eviltapper and wife, and others, but I am crap with names. We had Harleys, Bimmers, Yamaha, Can am, and our zuks. Great bunch of folks and a great lunch at applebees, We had one whole section just to ourselves.
M109ken and his lovely wife......

#34 · (Edited)
Yup yet another fine ride and some ok riders8) .. Like always Thanks everyone for the ride and company... Gary if you wanna race wait until my daughter isnt on the back of my bike :D

Oh PS Catrina spilled the beans to Diana and she wants to have a talk with you.... Your in troubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb----------ble

#41 ·

Looks like Collin is stirring up trouble to me!!!!!

#49 ·
I didn't see no stinkin Suburban......:dontknow:;)

True.... my 120 was indicated and my speedometer is a little on the 'wishful thinking' side compared to a GPS. Keeps me from hitting the sound barrier!:bigthumbsup:

#51 ·
Sounds like you guys had a good time! little to frosty for me but also had other engagements with the boy and C.A.P. Loved the pic's fella's...

See Ya'll soon. D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.