1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frosty Buns Ride 2011

Y'all are invited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schedule:
Meet up at The Super Mall in Auburn, Nordstrom Parking Lot West End (There will be us hardy riders from possibly 6 different groups)(Last year we had 28 bikes and over 40 people.

Arrive 11:00am and park side by side for picture taking of the entire group.
We will depart the Supermall at 11:30am for Applebees Restaurant in Covington.

Restaurant:
Applebees 17040 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 253-856-1900
The manager of Applebees is welcoming us with open arms so bring your appetite and warm clothing, you will need both!
We will hang out at Applebees until all have eaten and visited then depart in smaller groups back home.

Group riding is encouraged on the return home for visibility and safety on the day after New Years Eve……need I say more! ;->

Spread the word!!!!!
This is an Annual Frosty Buns Ride and is how I start out my New Year……RIDING!

All are welcome as long as there's no drinking or drugs used or shared.

Have a Merry Christmas…..see you all New Years Day, rain, shine or otherwise!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Frosty Buns Ride 2011

Y'all are invited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schedule:
Meet up at The Super Mall in Auburn, Nordstrom Parking Lot West End (There will be us hardy riders from possibly 6 different groups)(Last year we had 28 bikes and over 40 people.

Arrive 11:00am and park side by side for picture taking of the entire group.
We will depart the Supermall at 11:30am for Applebees Restaurant in Covington.

Restaurant:
Applebees 17040 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 253-856-1900
The manager of Applebees is welcoming us with open arms so bring your appetite and warm clothing, you will need both!
We will hang out at Applebees until all have eaten and visited then depart in smaller groups back home.

Group riding is encouraged on the return home for visibility and safety on the day after New Years Eve……need I say more! ;->

Spread the word!!!!!
This is an Annual Frosty Buns Ride and is how I start out my New Year……RIDING!

All are welcome as long as there's no drinking or drugs used or shared.

Have a Merry Christmas…..see you all New Years Day, rain, shine or otherwise!
Sounds good Gary, I just don't do rain, after the oyster run. First time I intentionally rode in the rain,,,,,,,,LOL I will keep an eye on things,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good Gary, I just don't do rain, after the oyster run. First time I intentionally rode in the rain,,,,,,,,LOL I will keep an eye on things,,,,,,,,
What!!!
U think that lil M of yours is gonna melt or something?????:dontknow:

Major portion of the miles on my C have been in rain. I figure it keeps everything washed clean and I never have to worry about the bike..........or me..........overheating!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ice and snow keep me from wearing out my tires as quickly!:bigthumbsup::-*

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
What!!!
U think that lil M of yours is gonna melt or something?????:dontknow:

Major portion of the miles on my C have been in rain. I figure it keeps everything washed clean and I never have to worry about the bike..........or me..........overheating!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ice and snow keep me from wearing out my tires as quickly!:bigthumbsup::-*
LOL OK OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL It should be a great way to start the new year weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL OK OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL It should be a great way to start the new year weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hey, come down I-405 turn East on I-90 and go to BCC(Bellevue Community College) main entrance on 148th(I believe). There is a Shell Station and a building directly behind it, my church (Champions Centre). I am meeting a couple Buddies there and riding down to Auburn from there. Be there between 10-10:30, then run south to the Supermall.

Remember the more moisture that is on the road the less tire wear you will experience!!!!!!!;);););)

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Hey, come down I-405 turn East on I-90 and go to BCC(Bellevue Community College) main entrance on 148th(I believe). There is a Shell Station and a building directly behind it, my church (Champions Centre). I am meeting a couple Buddies there and riding down to Auburn from there. Be there between 10-10:30, then run south to the Supermall.

Remember the more moisture that is on the road the less tire wear you will experience!!!!!!!;);););)
LOL Love your logic,,,,,,,,,,,,I will do that Gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It;s a date,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a road trip planned through the rockies.... will not be here..
ON Your M!!!!
Good Man!!!!
Just talked nemo into maybe riding on wet roads and you're going to tackle a mountain pass or two....my kind of rider!!!!! Mending foot and all!!!!!

Pic is of the Mrs a couple years ago with my 2002 Suzuki LC1500!!!
5,431' Chinook Pass on Memorial Day Weekend just 100 miles away from Seattle

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll do it if there is no rain. I'm not a fan of two wheels in the rain. I know I'm a wussy but I'll admit it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll do it if there is no rain. I'm not a fan of two wheels in the rain. I know I'm a wussy but I'll admit it.
You realize your bike won't melt....:D:D:D:D:D

Your riding must be limited living in Washington then? Not criticism, just an observation.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You realize your bike won't melt....:D:D:D:D:D

Your riding must be limited living in Washington then? Not criticism, just an observation.
Lol!
I'm not worried about the bike I know it can handle it. I just don't like getting wet and cold. I can handle cold but not wet. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You are right I am limited on my riding out here.
Like I said I'm a wuss. But I will take advantage of any good weather to ride. Wet Is the only thing that stops me from getting on my bike every time I need to get someplace.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
xxx
210 Posts
Heated Gear

Gary, I'm guessing that you have some plug in gear to keep you warm if you ride in that sort of weather. I was looking at the Gerbing's site and trying to figure out how much of their clothing the electrical system can handle. Jacket, pants, gloves, and boot liners run about 220 watts/ 16 amps. Is that too much of a strain on our system? And would hitting the Stebel horn bring the whole thing down?

I do like extending my season but have never enjoyed the chill while on the bike (but don't mind the rain at all). The Gerbing's stuff seems expensive but well made.

Dan

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Gary, I'm guessing that you have some plug in gear to keep you warm if you ride in that sort of weather. I was looking at the Gerbing's site and trying to figure out how much of their clothing the electrical system can handle. Jacket, pants, gloves, and boot liners run about 220 watts/ 16 amps. Is that too much of a strain on our system? And would hitting the Stebel horn bring the whole thing down?

I do like extending my season but have never enjoyed the chill while on the bike (but don't mind the rain at all). The Gerbing's stuff seems expensive but well made.

Dan
LOL Gary prolly even has heated chonies also, LOL That guy rides with 3" of snow on the ground..............

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Dan
Dan-
I do ride with Gerbing now, never use to. My C has heated seat as well, yehaw!
The bike can handle all you throw at it, but if you want to feel more comfortable put one of my high powered Odyssey Batteries in to be sure. That's not a sales pitch, just a recommendation.

I have ridden with front and rear heated seats turned on high; Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner for me, gloves for the wife; CB Radio/Intercom; Dual Air Horns and never had a problem with the battery or charging system and I have 18,000 mile son my '08 C109RT. You have the same charging system and my only update is my Odyssey Battery I call the GBat as it's been altered to fit our bikes.

In reference to Gerbing I recommend the heated jacket liner that is like an internal wind breaker with long arms instead of the heated vest with no arms. Then grab the new microfiber heated gloves. I have the older large style and they work very well, but are getting thread bare after 6+yrs so new ones are on my list of 'must haves'. They may be expensive, but if it will extend yoru riding season to all year and they last many years, I say they are well worth it. Jacket Liner is still in top shape and it's been across the US more than once and gets used regularly up to 6 months a year. Hard to not use it when you never get cold even at 20 degrees!

·
xxx
210 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that I'll be safe. And I put your battery in before my ride to Vegas. Didn't want anything going wrong in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts