M109 Riders banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I haven't heard that the brake is the problem? It is generally the fender and forks.
160 is max with stock fender and rim.
170 requires 17" rim.
180 is max WITHOUT fender, with stock tubes, not sure which rim.

That's all I've heard, fwiw.
Good luck with your search.
:bigthumbsup:

edit: haha, I just re-read your question in conjunction with the other replies... lol I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Does any one know what the largest size front wheel m109r can handle without changing the brake?
Im assuming you are refering to the wheel and not the tire in your question. You can run a 21'' front on stock trees. Anything larger you will need to change the tripple trees to a raked version.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
21s can go stock rake
23s should go 6 degree although some ppl chance it
26s must go 9 degree

I have a 26 and ride a lot of miles, most on out of town trips and brakes are never an issue.

·
Registered
414 Posts
26” is the max I’ve seen. Seen couple of bikes with a single rotor on them. I choose to keep the dauls it’s a lot wheel for a single brake. Have no brake issues.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Yeah, 21'' is the max you can do without changing anything.
Natable, welcome to the Forum Bro. In keeping with common/proper Forum protocol, you should consider creating a thread introducing yourself to the Forum. Do you own a 9? If so, what year, mods, etc? Please provide pics if you have them.

Bobby

·
Registered
8 Posts
21s can go stock rake
23s should go 6 degree although some ppl chance it
26s must go 9 degree

I have a 26 and ride a lot of miles, most on out of town trips and brakes are never an issue.
Sup bro, I'm in Lawranceville GA and looking for a 26" rim and rake kit, any advice or know if I can buy it from rccomponants and save some $$. All I see is everything for Harleys or only 21"

Please call or text me 973-725-4776
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts