M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I feel like a dipsh*t right now. After about 3 weeks and close to 600 miles I notice something when sitting in Starbucks with the wife having some coffee. I notice that the front wheel isn't going the same way as the rear wheel (rims) so I go out there and take a closer look. Sure enough, the front wheel/tire are on backwards. WTF????

So, besides feeling like a total retard that I haven't noticed this before, will this have any ill effect on the bikes wheel/rim/brakes on the front? I'm going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow and *discuss* this situation.

Funny thing is, I actually told the salesman about the issues with the oil and with some people getting their bikes with the front tire/wheel on backwards. Then when I picked up the bike, I checked the oil, but didn't even think aobut the tire/wheel.

Anyways, call me a retard once or twice then tell me of any ill effects this could cause.

Thanks
G

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I've ran them backwards on my Boss Hoss with no problems. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, just have them fix it.

G

·
I wonder if Suzuki ships them with the front wheels off like Honda does the smaller cc bikes. And makes it part of the dealers job to install the front tire/wheel.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes they do. I saw a picture in the forum a few days ago of a 109 still attached to the palette and the front wheel was not on it.

G

·
Trouble_Is said:
Yes they do. I saw a picture in the forum a few days ago of a 109 still attached to the palette and the front wheel was not on it.
Then it needs to go on a new purchasers checklist before they drive the bike out of the dealer.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
yeah mine was the same way. noticed it the night i got it. My neighbor, best friend, wife and i were checking the bike out and i saw the rotational arrow on the tire was facing the wrong way and I'm like WTF? Had to really look at it a while cuz I thought surely nobody at the dealer is stupid enough to put it on the wrong way. of course that was before I discovered the oil overfilled. I'll give em a break on that since i got the very first one in the door, but they should know which way an arrow is supposed to point! :cus:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks guys :p

good to know that you guys think I'm a retard also

Oh, and the bike isn't gonna have issues

LOL

thanks again

G

·
Registered
117 Posts
The problem is that you rode your bike to Starbucks. It's like you hit some kind of loop hole and your front wheel flipped on you. So I bet if you stay far away from Starbucks that your front wheel will fix itself on it's own. :bigthumbsup:
Nothing against you, but it always cracks me up to see a bunch of bikes parked outside a Starbucks. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my bike, going to my dealer today. Did the dealer correct the problem? And did they offer anything such as a free tire?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts