M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the front turn signals come off ? I was going to do the smaller turn signals but I can't figure out how to get them off ,, don't want to break them just in case I might want to put them back on some day . Got the chrome part off ,, but the rubber part ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE HEADLIGHT COWLING OFF, TO GET ALL OF THE TURN SIGNAL OFF. THERE IS A SMALL SCREW ON THE BOTTOM OF TURN SIGNAL, BUT THAT IS SECOND. ONCE YOU TAKE HEADLIGHT OFF UNPLUG TURN SIGNALS AND THEY COME OUT IN ONE PIECE. THEN THERE IS A SMALL HEX NUT THAT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE TURN SIGNAL HOLE TO REMOVE CHROME MOUNTING PIECE.

G

·
HEADVINCE, I didn't realize it until you just posted it, but it is possible to just disconnect the electrical under the cowling and then take it all off as one piece. I unnecessarily cut it all apart. Oh well, I didn't like 'em anyway. That's why I took 'em off! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
damned if i can get that allen bolt that holds the turn signal's chrome bracket to the headlight nacelle support frame. it's very very hard to get to. i'm stuck.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
bah, i finally got it. sometimes it helps to just get angry with a bolt :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts