M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, this is the twin brother of the stealth rear turn signals. i put these up front to balance the bike out. i think they clean it up and function well. they are bright, and visible from the sides, like their brother. i put a "how-to" on the other board here...

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=863.msg9551#msg9551

this one is just for pictures...

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
awesome, I've been wanting to do the exact same thing since i saw that product. Thanks for the "how to". i like the rears under the cowl too. Wife can't decide if she's ever gonna ride with me or not so i may put them under the tail instead.

looks great!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I believe I am going to do the same thing. PLUS use the space for the old signals for some extra driving lights...

That really looks awsome. in the pics the 2 strips look really bright. Is it enough? for the real world? if you were to do it again would you do 3 strips?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no lights are very bright in bright daylight "real world". i'd say these are as bright or brighter than stocks, though.

that's only 1 strip. on our bike, it has enough to loop around 1 1/2 times. if you position it right, you get 2 loops up front and on the side and only 1 in the back where you can't see it. you could add more if you wanted, but they are pretty expensive (i think around $90 per 12").

·
Registered
346 Posts
Damn you Phaed....thanks to you and the others I can't keep my wallet closed. It looks awesome. Any plans on pipes yet? Good job. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm try to get the headlight nacelle off. How do I get the large push pins out without breaking them or can I?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Push the center of the pin in about 1/4"and they come loose. To install have the center of the pin 1/4" out, re-install and then push pin flat.

·
Registered
752 Posts
mayhem said:
Push the center of the pin in about 1/4"and they come loose. To install have the center of the pin 1/4" out, re-install and then push pin flat.
Exactly I push it through with a small allen wrench. I then pull it all the way through and just reinsert it when I'm done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Been out of town all weekend. Just got back and saw all the posts on how to get those large pins out. It worked thanks guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you post your exact parts list? I was also interested if you had to do something with a circuit equalizer? I want to do this mod, but don't want to go back and forth with ordering more parts because I didn't get something. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah... it look pretty sharp........i would like to know exactly what hardware should i be ordering......... for the signal......... as well as .....resistance to make up the diffrence for the signal speed......

Let us know i little better how you got this done please...

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went ahead and did mine. You can do a search and find the post. I used 2 12 inch flex stands, 1 12 inch in the rear and cut it in half. You will also need the 4 amp load equalizer. That should get it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
porschephd said:
I went ahead and did mine. You can do a search and find the post. I used 2 12 inch flex stands, 1 12 inch in the rear and cut it in half. You will also need the 4 amp load equalizer. That should get it!
I believe someone asked this already but I haven't seen a reply and sorry if there is already one. Will you explain/show pics of how and where you installed the load equalizers. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
To the left of the battery ( Driver's side) is a white plug under the seat. Your connections for the lights in the rear is right there. You can mount the ground wire to the 12 mm bolt in the middle just under the seat behind the battery. Then tuck the equalizer to the left (D/S) between the frame and the rear inner fender. You can use 3m scotch locks or solder the wires in.

I will try to take pics. I need to find my camera.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts