M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to the Kuryakyn Silver bullets for the front Turn signals. I have some questions for those who have done the change out.
1) Did you go to the smaller ones or the larger ones.
2) I see on the Direct Line website that the load equalizer comes with the 2361 models (amber lenses) small models.
3) The hollow bolts that come with them are the hollow bolts and I am assuming that they are long enough?

If you have any other suggestions, I am open to them,
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bruno said:
I am thinking of going to the Kuryakyn Silver bullets for the front Turn signals. I have some questions for those who have done the change out.
2) I see on the Direct Line website that the load equalizer comes with the 2361 models (amber lenses) small models.
3) The hollow bolts that come with them are the hollow bolts and I am assuming that they are long enough?

Thanks in advance,
I also went with the silver bullets. I used the large LED with saddle mounts. The only way to get the large LED is order the ones for the Harley. Part #2368 and 2369. Red and amber. The saddle mounts make it easy to mount to the existing front turn signal chrome mounting frame. I love the look and they are very bright. I think you definitely need the large for such a big bike. The load equalizers come with the lights. But I am running a run/turn/brake controller (Kuryakyn #4710) for my rear large LEDS and the load equalizer plugs right into it. I'm very happy with the results...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bruno said:

Thanks in advance,
I used the small ones and removed the chrome thingie under the headlight . The load equalizer does come with them and is easy to hook up , I cut the factory plugs off of the old lights and soldered them onto the silver bullets and just plugged them into the factory harness. The hollow bolts are long enough the way I did them , if you are keeping the chrome peice under the headlight I think that they would still be long enough .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need help. I installed new Big Bike Parts bullet lights in the front. These lights only have 2 wires, and the bike uses 3. Two are for Blinkers and the other is for running lights, but I can't make these lights do both things, I can only make them blink or be running lights. I attempted to splice the running light wire with the negative blinker wire and blew the fuse, if I connect it to the positive it does not blink, and the rear light stays on also. Any suggestions? Is it possible to make the 2 wire set up work as a running light and the blinker? Please Help.
                                                                    DAVE.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
No not possible that I know of. Did you replace the rear yet? you could use them as "turn only" in the rear and buy another set for the front...
P.S. If you want MORE running lights in the rear you must make them RED like the tail light.
Of course you could attempt to return them too.

Sledzep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As stated above you could use those for your rear, and get new ones for the front. The front would have to be a 3 wire system. If you go with a traditional bulb system it would have to be dual filament so it could act as running light and turn signals. If you go LED lights, you would need to do the same thing, plus a load equalizer. Direct Line parts, Sponsor of this board, has many options for the front end. I started this thread and still have not decided what i am going to do. I replaced my rear and am happy with that, but still undecided with the front.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the small Silver Bullets also.  Bruno, did you go with the small bullets, if so, do you have any suggestions on how to "fill the space" of the original turn signal.  The hole is approx 5/8" in diameter and the Kury hollow bolts is only 3/8. 

Zebber - your install is very clean.  How did account for the 1 3/4" hollow bolt in your mount setup?

I am looking for suggestions to quickly replace the originals signals, as i have already replaced the rear. 

Thanks in advance. :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks Lamonster. this site is one of the most informative and useful sites available. Did you cut the hollow bolts for your application or screw the bolt into the light housing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did my silver bullets and kept the chrome bracket.Wasnt easy but was worth the time and effort.Spent some time at the hardware buying rubber washers and chromed washers.So I could fill the hole from the factory signals.Then drill out the threaded part that the chrome brakets bolt to.Mount your signals right to the chrome bracket and then mount the whole thing back to the bike one at a time.I used a nut and bolt.A pair of needles nose pliars to get the nut on the bolt helps alot.I drill the threads out because I wanted a nice size bolt and you cant get a wrench in there anyway.I put the bolt threw towards the center of the bike.I can try to take some closeups and post if need be.My email is [email protected] If anyone needs further info on it personally.I will be on a fishing trip till sunday night.So good luck all.I am still having a problem gettting the front lights to blinnk completely correct.I have single turns in the rear.Becasue huryakyn was on back order for their two curcuit ones.And the run turn brak controller was on back order.So since I was going to ralley 20 hours away.I threw it together and just ran two load equalizers.The rears are perfect,front till just dont work flawlessly.The dealership said it hard on metrics to narrow it down,since their range of signal is so wide.Harleys have less of a span,So they can meter their signal and narrow it down.The dealership said theyve installed halogen balbs behind fairings on sportbikes to the signal right.I told them that what a load equializer is for.So shows ya what dealerships know.And their working on our bikes.lol Well good luck http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/cruzguy/ pics

·
Registered
84 Posts
What is the saddle mount bracket you are talking about? I want to mount the silver bullets up front in the stock chrome housing. I heard you either need to cut the stem it comes with or use the "saddle mount" .....what is that??

·
Registered
600 Posts
I cut the metal stem off of the stock signal mount, drilled the middle out a little, then mounted the aftermarket lights just like the stock ones... mount the new light to the metal stem, put the metal stem back in the chrome housing and re-insert the screw underneath the chrome housing (with a little Loc-Tite on everything). I've been running them for about three months like this with no problems :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts