M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is getting old, but there are some install instructions that we could really use. Lamont, Big Joe, Hal, JR, anyone....one of you guys would make a lot of us happy if you could provide the following:

Install instructions for front turn signals onto the ORIGINAL TURN SIGNAL BRACKETS. Not the wiring....but details and pictures showing the mounting of Kuryakyn signals (LED or otherwise) onto the original brackets.

Currently, mine are mounted like you see here without the brackets.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2593.0

I've seen many posts trying to explain how do it, I've tried several times...no luck. Pictures would make all the difference in the world.

Anyways, I know you guys are busy and this just might not be possible, and I certainly don't want to impose on your time.....but if one of you would be so inclined it would mean a lot. There's at least 1/2 a dozen of us that have been hoping to do this....if you can't, I would certainly understand.

-AC

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I just thought this up, so it may not be feasible. Get a large polished washer with a hole the size of the screw on the signal and another washer for the back of the bracket. The washers will fill the hole and squeeze together enough to hold the light in place. If you can't find a washer, you could always polish one, or spray it chrome. Again, I'm not real sure if this would work, but I figured I would toss it out there.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I had the same problems it sounds like you are up against...

Trick was to cut 1/2 inch off the hollow bolt, and to remove the bolts that hold the metal frame under the headlight to the forks.

with the 1/2" cut off the bolt you will be able to get the bolt threaded into the signal light, and with the metal bracket and headlight frame loose you will be able to pull the bracket far enough away from the forks to get a wrench on the hollow bolt to tighten it up.

Here is the thread that gave me the info I needed.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4275.msg57029#msg57029
:doorag:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts